Spirits

antiaircraft

Sahetow's words jarred the edge of Arc's consciousness, bringing him out of the spell. He frowned, wondering how he would transport the body of half revived spirit, then delved back into his last reserves of strength, generating a bubble of antispace around him and the Spirit of Life. He shifted the bubble cautiously, to check its integrity, then brought it into the air, out of reach of the disease.

The creature was now enshrouded in a cloud of darkness. There was nothing living in Cuba. ((My character originated in North America, and is now headed to South America. Check an atlas to figure it out.)) Each life it took increased its power yet more, and now it was approaching Venezuela. The creatures in the ocean were dying as the water turned to poison.

It now approached the South American landmass. It was facing rocky coast, but that was no problem.

The entire front of the cliff slid into the sea, creating a slope that the creature could walk up. As it touched land, the storm grew across the ocean. Soon it would cover the entire world, and there would be no sunlight.

Sahetow manuevered around the trees, creating little flames in the air for Arc to follow. She finally reached the edge of the forest. "If you can hear my voice clearly, then listen carefully. I figured out that The God of King Cats is angry because the Spirit of Life is dead. If we can somehow revive ((him or her?)), he might calm down and cease his plaging." She paused for a moment. "I sense you have a magical ability in you? We will need it."

(More like it))

Arc nodded, focusing on maintaining the protective bubble around him and the Spirit of Life. Something didn't feel right. It wasn't fatigue - it went far deeper than that. Something was eating away at his very soul. With a jolt, he realised he was feeling fear for the first time in many years. He let it flow through him, replenishing his body and making him stronger, and turned back to Sahetow.

((By the way, my character in demon form has returned to full, unstoppable power. However, I will become weakened again when I come to my senses and become normal. I was weakened from the loss of my pride(both kinds).))

The demon was growing, no longer resembling any form of living thing. The smell of burning rubber emanated from it.

No-one knew of what had happened, for no-one had lived to run screaming the news.

The figure rose, night black, formless, to become a giant, as it walked. The storm spread further.

Some people ran, others tried to fight, most stood stock still with fear until oblivion took them.

The creature turned, approaching the place with the most life and happiness, to take away all that humans knew as the world.