[Service Announcement] Server still critical

Ian

Hello everybody,

This is just a friendly message from all of us at TDN letting you know that the server status is still bad. Many people are experiencing "503 service unavailable pages" which basically is the consequence of having your site throttled: users get kicked off. This is happening an increased number of times (worse than it was a few days ago). We are still working with our hosting company trying to get this resolved.

Thank you,

Ian

The reason why the layout goes down is because the page you requested loads, but you get a 503 service unavailable for the images and CSS file, hence messing up the layout. We're still viciously working with our hosting company trying to get this resolved... a major site infrastructure may be needed.

I've gotten an error every time I'm here... well, "there" technically. Good luck fixing it. Would hate to have new visitors detered from the fantastic site

It's a long story, which we covered in a recent talk on MSN. Heh. Apparently it was named Betty when the Pteri was named Jerry. Jerry was a boy, so the server needed to be a girl. Naturally...

But it's nasty having an icky site, isn't it? I hope Ian can sort it all out so we can get some rather fun things out to you people in the near future...