World Statistics

Samuel

I just came across this interesting little SWF. http://www.poodwaddle.com/worldclock.swf

It's interesting. I never really think about the rest of the world every single minute of the day, obviously; it's sometimes hard to think beyond your own home. But the statistics on here really were quite amazing.

At the time of writing, there are currently:

• 312 births
  • 151 deaths
  • 139 abortions
  • 2 US immigrants illegally entered
  • 17 HIV infections
  • 162 cars produced
  • 403 computers produced
  • 5 suicides
  • 19 STD deaths.

And...well, of course, most of that will have doubled by the time I finish this sentance.

It's interesting. :O Click on 'NOW' at the top to set it to zero.

403 computers produced

How many are PC?

How many are Mac?

That's an interesting question... :P

Otherwise... quite interesting facts. I learned something today because of you Sam!

I think it's interesting that there are more computers made than people born... so we ARE being taken over by computers! Kewl!

Well no surprises there, that's why I'm already making my home robot friendly for the impending robot takeover so I can be a loyal slave to my superior robot masters in the hopes I get less menial tasks than the rest of the population. -Cheesy smile and thumbs up-

I found that site fascinating! Where does it get it's information?

Most of those numbers are very surprising...especially the "forest lost" and all of the diseases. It's hard to understand how many people are on Earth..it's quite scary looking at some of those statistics. Haha.

This is why I really wish we could either find a solution to the population by creating space stations or finding another habitable planet we could reach, but both seem so far off in reality. I hope we don't overpopulate the planet and die off in mass droves fighting for land and food while waging war.