NEW Offline Neopets Game - Neopets: Codestone Quest v 1.0

MasterDan

Alright! I found this new game with a bit of searching, and the basic plot is this:

Balthazar is kidnapping faeries and it is your duty to stop him and his mutant Meepit henchmen (thats right, MEEPITS). Made by the people who made Luxor, this game plays similarly to Zuma. There is a storyline and achievements to keep you going, and almost all areas of Neopia are playable, like Meridell and the Haunted Woods. There are even Petpets you can buy with doubloons to help you out! Here's a screenshot:

zzzlc8.jpg

Now, I'm not entirely sure of the official download link, but I would like to hear your opinions on this anyway...maybe this can make front page news! Plus, once a download link is found, I'll release it here.

Can you please post ANY details you may have on this, at all.

Also any of these screenshots, please post them aswell. ;)

Is this game, to be played on neopets or is it an off-neopets neopets related game. o_O if you understood that!

Anyway, the more details the better. ;)

Found More Screenies. Enjoy, no download link as of yet.

neopets_1.jpg

neopets_2.jpg

1cf33c443919d4124e9f2e38b97a9e6ae48b37d6.jpg

Also, this:

System requirements:

Windows 98SE/ME/2000/XP

DirectX 8.1

700 MHz

128 MB RAM

Resolution: 800x600 Fullscreen/Windowed

UPDATE:It would appear that this is an un-released beta version and not an official release as of yet. It looks very good for a beta, though, so there is some question if it is a finished version.

You found the website I did too, eh? :)

Anyone who has a RAR decompressor (or whatever a RAR does to hold stuff in it) has a solid anti-virus and all other safety things on their computer, they could try it out from searching "Codestone Quest" on Google and clicking the Russian one.

But I never forced whoever does it to do it. :P

I see your point, but until an offical version is released legally, I'd advise against downloading. The file contains a crack which may or may not contain a virus.

I also may have found the site which published this game, although it hasn't been offically released there either.

I took the chance and downloaded it. I was lucky and didn't get a virus or even need an extra crack.

As far as I can see it's basically Attack of the Slorgs where you play a character, going through levels in a land (starting in Meridell), and you have to shoot coloured faeries at the line of bottled faeries to set them free before they are pushed along a path into a wagon. (Like the slorgs travelling into the garden)

When you make matches of, it seems to be, 5 or more a dubloon is released with the faeries and you catch them to use later to buy lives and petpets. the petpets help do different things like slow the chane of faeries, stop them, eliminate the ones it hits, or match the colour it hits. It's very much like Attack of the Slorgs.

I'm only on the first Level (Meridell) so when I get farther I'll let you know anything new.

The Second World is Maraqua. (Yes, I downloaded it too. I got it and then realized that I must share the details with my favorite fansite.) Also, you can only have a maximum of 5 Petpets each at a time. Yeah, I suppose the game is pretty well put together, but I'll notify if I find any bugs/possible download viruses....keep checking here for those updates.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (TJ).

This was possibly unreleased news, as it isn't anymore, and discussion has started, topic moved - feel free to discuss openly now. ;)

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been MOVED from "Unreleased News" to "Medias and Entertainment".

I guess the only part that I don't really like is that the path of the faeries goes behind things (trees, coral, houses) so not only are they winding infront of each other (like in AotS except a lot more turns and twists) but you can't try to free faeries if it's behind anything. I guess it just make's it harder and more challenging and maybe better... but I don't like it.

There are goals (like 5 levels without using a petpet, playing for an hour, 5 combos in a row, playing the whole game on easy, moderate or hard etc) that you can get too. Kind of like a trophy room.