World of Warcraft!

CheeseStorm

I think I made one this topic over a year ago (so obviously gone now)...

but I think I saw on a few boards that people play; so I was curious to see who plays and on what server... etc.

I play on Gilneas

Main- Eclipsa NE rogue, currently lvl 63

Main Alt (on her more now)- Avele NE priest, currently lvl 49

[sorry if there was already posts talking about this... I did a quick search and saw no main topics]

and if you don't like WoW, that's fine too, as it is an awful addiction, lol. You can post your dislike for it, but try not to flame too much.

I'd play WoW if I didn't have dial-up. I've been meaning to get into it for a while now because of how tempting it is to be a Blood Elf or Night Elf Hunter with a Crab as a pet. Got any advice for when I do get started on it?

I'd play WoW if I didn't have dial-up. I've been meaning to get into it for a while now because of how tempting it is to be a Blood Elf or Night Elf Hunter with a Crab as a pet. Got any advice for when I do get started on it?

Oy! dial-up! >< lol.

First, test out the different classes (warriors, priests, rogues, mages, warlocks, hunters, shamans, paladins, druids) to see which one you like the best. You say you'd be a hunter (possibly) but you might end up not liking it so much. It really depends on how you like to play, how much time you'd play, what'd you'd do when you were on, even just how your personality is! It's pretty easy in the begining to level, so test a few characters out. (I've played pretty much every class aside from warriors and shamans up to level 10)

Second, don't spend money on items when you are a lower level... you end up leveling so fast you get better equipment very fast so it tends to be a waste.

I could give tons of tips! If you do end up getting the game and playing let me know. =]

You should check out the main site (worldofwarcraft.com) it's got a bunch of into stuff.

Oh I have, from talent tree builders to thottbot.com, I have done a bit too much inpersonal playing.

Probably exploring at first, then battling, the dungeon crawling. I might or might not join a big group or just team up with friends.

Exploring is fun; I spent so much time exploring with my rogue! (wasted a lot of time as well)

PvP stuff is a blast, despite the jerks and nubcakes.

If you have real life friends who play or would play if you played that helps a bundle! Some of my friends JUST started playing and it's going to take awhile for them to catch up enough where we could do stuff together. When you get into big groups it's very ... invigorating! (I've only gone to 2, 40 man raids before, but it was crazy, lol).

I have a few friends who play but they've all moved off to college and I don't have their info anymore sadly, so I hope when I go off to college I'll be able to either find new friends that play or meet friends online. That is if I can build up enough monthly income to pay for WoW, which is another problem for me. Curse my lack of a steady job.