The new Daily Neopets Year 2

Ian

Hello everybody,

We truly apologize for the huge delay put on the new Y2! But, on August 6th - the new Y2 will be released!

For those of you who don't know, for the past 9 months straight we've been working on an entire new site design. We've all had enough of the pretty (boring) red layout that we've all come to love. It's been here for about a year and a half now, but seriously... it's time for it to go. Because The Daily Neopets has been open for 2 years (soon 3 years) we decided to not use the conventional "version system" and just name the new site Y2.

We thank our large audience base for providing feedback to us every step of the way. We're sure you won't be disappointed. With a lot more space, color, and more to look at - the new Y2 is cutting-edge in the Neopets fan site industry. Pages has been re-organized in a simpler fashion, with an improved search engine system so you should be able to find what you're looking for fast. Additionally, we've revamped a lot of pages of content and improved consistency and corrected out-of-date info.

We're all antsy... but it's finally here!

Thank you!

(Oh, and in case you haven't noticed, another announcement was posted earlier today.)

TDN Staff

We think you'll be proud of what we've produced! The site that was beta has changed (drastically), but we think you'll all be happy. Everyone's views were taken into account. :)

It HAS. Really, like, a lot...

Hopefully you'll be able to spot where you put your little piece of yourself into TDN. I'm sure you'll be able to find it, with the new navigation and such.

Oh. And. I know you're all worrying about Jerry. Where was he in the Beta. Hopefully, this question and a whole lot more will be asked a couple of weeks into Y2. :O

It's still red. The problem is actually SO much white on the current layout. ;) Just red and white is blinding. But we've got lots of different colors in there now.

The suspense is killing me!

Will there be another where's Jerry competition?

The Where's Jerry copetition was actually an on-site plot run by TDN. As announced by Samuel in another topic, Matt and Eric are working on a plot. But, we don't know what this plot is about or the topic of it would be. Although, I would highly doubt that TDN would run the same plot over again, even if they did change it up and do different clues and such, that would be a little silly. So, I'd be expecting something brand new and exciting! I can't wait either, 3 more days!!!

True, there is a plot coming along some what later than the release of Y2 (But not too late, if everything goes to plan). All you have to do is find what IS a plot first. Spooky. Believe me, I think this plot will annoy you more than the anticipation of Y2 itself, I think.

(If I did say there was another Where's Jerry plot, I wouldn't be lying too much. But... wait... no. Scratch that. That was an idea for the other layout with the Gallion instead of Jerry. :P)

Discovering Y2 will be something FUN to do from my job monday XD

lol

Like everybody else, can't wait to see. I'm already preparing my speach of "Omg, this is so great, you guys are the best, I love you so much!..." :P

Tick tock two days to go.

I've been waiting for Eric to finish his part of this plot for about 8 months, now. Now he's gone and disappeared. :P

Oh. Well. If you're waiting to praise us then... yeah. Most of the new things aren't coming out exactly on Y2 release for some reason.

We have plans. Don't worry. If you think a certain thing is missing, it's probably an accident, though. Tell us if you do find something not working. We've tried hard to make sure everything does, though.

Stay tuned. (But not to the plot. That, although secret, isn't coming out straight away.)