Harry Potter & The Order of Phoenix

Mini-Chan

My sister and I just watched the 5th movie of Harry Potter! I made this topic so that whomever saw the movie could post their opinions about it. :]

I thought this movie was good, though some of the earlier movies I still like the best. It was very gloomy this time, but still good! I just don't like that the movie didn't include much from the book. No wonder it's one of the shortest Harry Potter movies! X3

Yeah, I heard that it was very "dark" but what do you expect. Harry is 17 now, He's had a very disturbing life with terrible events. I would be gloomy too lmao.

I didn't like how they had to cut so much out. :( Another thing, when they did the flashbacks, the characters looked so different. It was just odd.

They're supposed to look odd- they were younger.

They weren't supposed to look odd, it just happened to end up that way because they were younger. :)

I haven't seen it, yet. Remember they have like different directors for each movie so their styles are way different. Also, they have to keep it within the context of the whole movies, and not trying to add everything in the book or people who don't read the books would be confused. So you have to give them the general idea and also sort of make them buy the book if they want to know more about it.

I can't wait for my book to come in the mail. I should be recieving it the day of release. Hopefully the postal service doesn't let me down. I got it in HARDback cover.

-muses-

I've never been that into Harry Potter personally, nor the movies. Those who know me know that I think Harry Potter has been... over-hyped, if you get what I'm on about.

Went to see the movie today. Only because a few friends were going. Without actually watching the Harry Potter movies, nor really reading the Harry Potter books, I kept asking my friend who was who. I didn't know! But I guess I got the idea from watching the movie which is what one of you picked up on earlier. If they put in everything that was in the book, there wouldn't be any reason why I'd read the book, and I'd be left very confused about the whole movie - Plus it would've been about a day long. :/

All I know is that Harry lives to go through to yet another million pound deal. It's alright for some. :P

(P.S. Who was it that, at the end, looked a bit like Russel Brand?)

I've never been that into Harry Potter personally, nor the movies. Those who know me know that I think Harry Potter has been... over-hyped, if you get what I'm on about.

Went to see the movie today. Only because a few friends were going. Without actually watching the Harry Potter movies, nor really reading the Harry Potter books, I kept asking my friend who was who. I didn't know! But I guess I got the idea from watching the movie which is what one of you picked up on earlier. If they put in everything that was in the book, there wouldn't be any reason why I'd read the book, and I'd be left very confused about the whole movie - Plus it would've been about a day long. :/

All I know is that Harry lives to go through to yet another million pound deal. It's alright for some. :P

(P.S. Who was it that, at the end, looked a bit like Russel Brand?)

Are you talking about Sirius? Or maybe Professor Lupin? There were many men in the movie XD and I haven't seen it, but I do know the characters so if you can specify what happened to the character...

Woo! I saw it on Saturday and I loved it. I personally agree that if they made the book into a movie directly it wouldn't be as exciting to read the books. I also understand that people get frustrated that there are important parts missing (the first movie didn't even explain Norbert or the many chapters spent visiting him at Hagrid's).

In all I found it better to have read the book a while before, like a year, but not read it right before seeing the movie so that you kind of remeber what happens (there's this Order thing and something about a dark wizard, lol) but you don't remember the sequence or the specifics (I totally forgot about Luna).

I also find it best if you go into a movie not thinking about anything, just let your mind go blank and stop comparing it to other movies or books or tv shows, and you'll enjoy it much better (like Transformers too).

P.S. I think they should have dome more with Luna, she could have added more humor, and she's /really/ wierd.

Haha, when I read the book a looong time ago, Luna seemed to be weird looking to me for some odd reason. Then I saw her on the movie, and she's pretty :]] but weird X3

I thought it was pretty well done for an adaptation of the book, even if some scenes could have been done a little better.

I went to it at the AMC here and they had it in IMAX and 3D (only the last part of the movie but still 3D)

Haha, when I read the book a looong time ago, Luna seemed to be weird looking to me for some odd reason. Then I saw her on the movie, and she's pretty :]] but weird X3

she's kind of one of those characters that you'd probably just smile and nod to in real life, but then stand nearby when she's talking to because you're intrigued by her crazy stories... I know a few people like that...

• 3 weeks later...

I wasn't really a big fan of it actually. I thought Bellatrix was a little TOO loony and I was cut that they didn't have the statues fighting in the Dept of Mysteries. And I'd be much happier if they showed a LOT more Snape lol :D

I thought that girl who played Luna was a great actress though and whoever played Umbridge did a good job too. I really hated her