Why the complication?

Some people probably think that they need to read about the teas and players in order to pick a good team. :P

It's just to give it character. Make it seem like a real event. Why does TNT do the comic strips for the plots? It aids the plot. Simple.

You'd be bored if they just said "Here's the teams. Pick one.", wouldn't you?

As Matt says, it just adds a touch of character. It's not much to do.

If you look at TDN's coverage, we're "at the Cup". In reality, of course, we haven't packed up and been sent into a broadcasting van in Altador; we're typing into our computers. But we add character to our content, too, to make it seem more real.

It's just a nice littlte thing that they do, and we pick up on. It'd be a little boring otherwise, no?

I don't think coming up with profile character was that hard and long for TNT. Any serious writter will tell you that it is a must to set up a background and to come up with character profile before starting a story. So it is the same with Altador cup or plots. It is important that players feel it is some what real. Some people are really taking this event serious, so it adds substance...

Even in sports games you will find the profiles of players. Sounds very normal to me that they put it in Altador Cup too.

It's just to give it character. Make it seem like a real event. Why does TNT do the comic strips for the plots? It aids the plot. Simple.

You'd be bored if they just said "Here's the teams. Pick one.", wouldn't you?

I agree with that , and the cup isn't pointless , it's my favorite event ever , though they kind off messed it up this year ...

I feel it's unnecessary. They should release more games or plots than wasting their effort on this. They could just say something like :

Haunted Woods

Defensive Team

Team Members: etc etc

thats be rubbish, like previous people said, people like to see the teams and what they're like. That way they can play around with players like swapping them to other teams in transfers etc.

Imagine real life, you would find it rubbish, if you were a stick, with no personality, just a stick lying on the ground

What do you have against sticks.

But like people said, writing that could not have taken tnt that long anyway.

actually, i think the char profiles make a SLIGHT difference to each sprite on the field, all of my sprites seem to move at different very slightly different speeds and if i set the game up 2x2, the speeds correspond to the char profiles. when the play field is 3x1 and 1x3, im glad that my seemingly fastest player is in the centre front.