Exam Tactics

Joe

6 exams, 6 days, 3 hours each

I took my first today. They totally suck. BIG TIME!

Anyone have any special test taking tactics that they want to share. I know I just study my butt off and then just crash after the exam, sleep lots, and study again.

hum...

study in advance... if you can.

And also, I like to type my note to help me learning them... and I also ask myself questions like the exam questions and try to answer them until I know everything perfectly...

Sometimes it could help to study with friends. Like you ask question to each other, like a quizz.

My exam tactic is, like, the worst model ever. Don't follow it. But I thought I'd best post it anyway. :)

Have a big buildup to the first exam, studying loads in small chunks. Then, as that one finishes, cram amazingly hard (or not, in the majority of my cases. :P) for the next one. Then you can enjoy the majority of the study leave you get, while still learning stuff.

I usually try to eay a healthy meal and get a lot of sleep before the exam.

Also, depending on what kind of learner you are (visual, auditory, kinetic, etc.) you could try and make up some sort of game where you reward yourself for the right answers. Studying + rewards = good. :)

Your Lucky, try have 7 hours of exams in total (2 '3 hour' exams and 1 '1 hour' exam) in one day. thats tough.

I wouldn't advise studying with friends always because you sometimes can get distracted, maybe once a week study with friends.

But my advice, go to some place with no distractions, go to your garden/ or somewhere with just grass and no distractions.

When your at home, there is always something to distract you, like food/tv/music etc.

But go to a park (i went to a park (not really a park, when some fields with trees etc), take some books and water and revise for a few hours etc.

nah not like a park, where theres are people walking dogs, but sometimes there are those parks with special gardens which you can't cycle, walk dogs on, just go someplace quiet outside.

That way, your in the sun so you be happy, and no distractions. (except the ocassionally ones) but a car crash, you must live in a dangerous part, hardly no crashes here.

nah not like a park, where theres are people walking dogs, but sometimes there are those parks with special gardens which you can't cycle, walk dogs on, just go someplace quiet outside.

That way, your in the sun so you be happy, and no distractions. (except the ocassionally ones) but a car crash, you must live in a dangerous part, hardly no crashes here.

I actually live in the safest place in the country LOL. It's just everytime I go to a park or some place like that I'm like "Woah, what a beautiful day. I hope nothing happens". Then BAM, but it only happens when I want to do some work XD.

Studying outside wouldn't work for me... since Exams are in December and April, and we have cold winter...

Also, don't listen to music, radio, tv while studying. Bad for concentration.

Oh, and I had a teacher years ago that said it was helping to put your notes under your pillow while you sleep, lol. And I was always reading my notes before sleeping and putting them under my pillow for his class, lol.

the most helpful thing in an exam is to do well in the rest of the year of classes so no matter how you do on the exam, youll pass the course. (Like here, course work is worth 70% of the final grade and the exam or culminating assignment is work 15-30%) This will relieve your stress a lot becuase you know you will pass and if worst comes to worst, youll at least get some answers correct and it wont look too too bad.

to quote someone you click on their litle quote box p_mq_add.gif, make sure it turns red p_mq_remove.gif, then click on the add reply button t_reply.gif, and finally type your message underneath the codey stuff thats already there :)

I pay close attention in class and study each topic after it's taught, so before the actual exams I barely study at all, except for covering sections that I'm rusty in.

Some people find studying hard. They become confused with what to study. What I would sujest is if there are any type of study sessions with your teachers go to then, they can help. if your school has samlearning (www.samlearning.com) that helps alony with BBC Bitesize.

I'm on my GCSE's at the moment and these sites really help.

Oh, an extra tip. Try and revise in small chunks, if you feel a headache comming on or you start to become stressed do something that helps to calm you down.

• 1 month later...

listen and make note when the teacher is teaching. B4 exame read the note. As for history can remember the name of the peoples like remembering the name for a game character or make thing funny for it and that helps too

• 1 month later...

I usually don't start studying at the last minute. I listen to each lesson and ask if I don't know anything. I try to remember my notes by copying them again and again...