To take a break or not to take?

Ellie_Penguin

Okay I've been a full-time college student for 6 months now. I love it and I'm really happy about the course I'm taking. However, the assignments they give us take a long time and then I have my own life to worry about so I'm VERY tired. I think I'm developing some sort of sleeping disorder which keeps bugging me. At my school it doesn't look right when you take a long break, but you can take a 3 month break if you really need to and come back.

I'm thinking of taking a 3 month break and then go back. Do you think I should take it? And for those who are in college, I would need to talk to my Academic Advisor and explain why I'm taking the break. What should I actually tell him?

Thanks XD.

(I'm guessing US College is the same as University in UK)

Im not at any education, so i wouldn't know whats it like with assignments. But normally people take a Gap year to break from all assignments, but some don't.

But I think if you desperately need a 3 month break, just go to your adviser, and just tell him/her, that you have to much on your plate at the moment, which is affecting your sleeping patterns, which means you're not able to study properly. And Hopefully they will understand and give you the break okay.

Because the education thinks of the students and the schools exam pass rate. and if the student isn't doing well due to all much chaos, which will lower the exam pass rate. im pretty sure they will give you the time off that you need.

Thats probably the best thing, do what your friend did, just take a whole year off. Go traveling with some friends etc, and forget about education, and relax, that way when you go back, you be refreshed and be ready to learn.

That what a few people do, they leave education for a year, that when the year comes and goes they come back ready to learn.

That way, you can sort everything out with no stress. You would have nothing holding you back etc.

Nah I only want 3 months. I already took a whole year off before college because I finished early. And in 3 months, I won't forget what I have learned.

...great now my family even BF are mad at me 'cause I want to take a break what's wrong with this world!

I never took a break from education... but I gave up on my job last year because it was too hard to manage University-Work-Life. And I'm getting way better marks since I don't work at the same time of studying.

So anyway, if you need a break, just take one. It will help you to see clear and to relax... Just meet whoever is responsable of you and explain him or her why you think it would be better for your health to take a break and how did this idea came up to your mind. Be serious and rational.

And there is one thing I can tell you for you, even if it is a very hard decision to take, you won't regret your final decision... XD

I wish you could tell that to my parents and BF. They don't seem to understand the fact that I'm not feeling well. Yea 3 months is "a lot", it's giving up 1 whole semester. What I'm gonna do is go to the doctor and myself checked to see if there is anything wrong with me or if a 3 month break would be appropiate.