Name Change

Chipmonker

Yeah, I looked it up. Osama Bin Ladin did not come in to power untill 1993.

Exactly so they had no way of knowing ahead of time.

And Jake what does your post mean?

It's interesting, a week ago me, my teacher and students were talking about Name changing. She told us the story of her brother whose name is Renee. Now, that is also a boy's name, but according to her everytime he went to a school, they would think he's a girl without even looking at him. He was sent to a girl's dormitory, he gets all those free samples that are for girls only. They were always sending him invitations to attend a girls' ball or something. My teacher told us he found it funny at first, but it's been going on for so many years that he is getting bored and annoyed.

Yes, but the ones who send him the promotions and stuff do not know him so they just judge by the name. I remember my teacher telling us that he once got in trouble at the airport because his name was Renee and he was male so they thought he stole the ticket or something like that, but he had to talk to the authorities and show his documents and such, and he hasn't had trouble at the airport ever since.

Names get people into so much trouble. Why don't they make all names acceptable for both boys and girls?

Well there are some names that can be either a boy or a girl. But some are just traditional gender names - which I don't see as really a problem. Unless you name you child that.

That would be soooo weird. I don't think I could even date a girl that was named something like Thomas or Steve.

Ugh....