Your Internet History

Guest Levy

Guest Levy

I thought this would be interesting. I would like to know where everyone once was online. My internet history is strange at best.

Age 12 (5 years ago): On my first connection my first web-page ever visited was msn.com, of course the default web-page for most windows 98 computers I think. I got acquainted with MSN chat under the name Nascar777, this was well before it was a subscription service. I learned almost all of the basic chat-speak, from ASL to YW. I also got into MSN Groups that is where I met a lot of good friends, whom I never speak to anymore. Somewhere in that I downloaded MSN Messenger for the first time, version 5.0.

Age 13 (4 years ago): Yahoo messenger was downloaded and it was my default messenger for a long time. Later a friend told me of Paltalk. Paltalk is a messenger-like chat service that offers voice chat and video chat. At the time Paltalk was a basic program, macro programs like auto age check and trivia bots were abundant. Then a really old friend of mine introduced me to Neopets.com under the name Unequaledpyro. During the time Bumper Cars was the only game that kept me hooked and that didn't last long.

Age 14 (3 Years ago): Back to Paltalk, I joined several clans and groups including the once powerful UDG and G-UNIT clans. Then I got incredibly frustrated when Paltalk began limiting free service privileges. Soon I left Paltalk.

Age 15 (2 years ago): The same friend from age 13 persuaded me to rejoin Neopets. The site had changed alot and I was lost in the depths of n00bism. I joined a few guilds, got answers from message boards on Neopets and my account grew from there. I was told of NHFA.net near the time they got their own domain name. Around March 06 I was flipping through their affiliates and came across TDN. My first post on the forums was some stupid rant about the similarities between the Ogrin and an April Fools pet. Hopefully no one remembers that. <_<

Age 16 (1 year ago): I found out that TDN was the only help site offering the Altador plot guide. I left NHFA indefinitely. Ever since I joined TDN forums, back then they were VBulletin forums, I was not able to escape my chat-room upbringing. I was rude, obnoxious, and annoying. Looking back now, I was a complete joke and a fool. Later that August TDN forums changed to IPB and my stupid personality caught up with me when Ian began cracking down on the forums. Back in the old VBulletin forums there were no rules and Ian never payed attention to the forums, the staff didn't even have power in the forums. In Late August, Ian banned me from the shout-box. A fine decision I would have done the same if I was in his shoes. Slowly my personality changed for the better and things were doing fine. Late January and Early February though changed me. I messed up my knee and I literally went insane, I won't get into the specifics but that insanity made me quit Neopets and TDN forums several times. In April I found Runescape and that has been my dedication since. I occasionally stop into TDN forums to chat with you guys because you are the only real Internet friends I have ever had.

Age 17 (Present day): Runescape membership, Deviant Art fanatic, TDN Forums long-time Fantastic member, and Windows Live user. My trip so far through the internet has been a rocky one at best. Now I want to hear from you, and please be honest. But don't post things you are not comfortable saying.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Samuel) because of a violation of the forum rules.

As nice of a post as this is, it's not permitted to talk about your history with the staff's disciplinary system. Take note in future. =]

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Oh, a topic about our Internet history... interesting. By the way, I remember Paltalk, but I wasn't fantatic of that prog XD.

Where should I start...

hum

Age 12 (9 years ago) : Yes, internet was existing... and we were in the first person in my city to have it at home, lol. Anyway, I was mainly a sites reader. I started to send email to a webmaster called FoVeUrbAiN, Yes, I even remember the name. MY very first internet friend! We sent each other a couples of email, then I created an ICQ account and started chatting with him. It was nice... At the same time, I got more email friends and I was sending huge email that were more similar to letter than to email actually.

Age 13 (8 years ago) : We could say it was basically the same thing then when I was 13. I got more ICQ friends from differents webbies and I was also chatting on The Palace. A 2D chat where you could wear props.

Age 14 (7 years ago) : wasn't too much on Internet during that year. I tried to join the staff of a site without knowing anything about HTML. They laughted at me.

Age 15 (6 years ago) : I created my first site, based on Card Captor Sakura. The site is still running, but in French :P It wasn't a masterpiece at first, but I made a lot of friends because of that site. I was also chatting on some cardcaptors forums and opened one myself. I was still on ICQ and I created my hotmail adress around that time. I still use it :P My nickname was LaRévolT (prononced La Révoltée, in French offcourse)

Age 16 (5 years ago) : Still running my site... plus my friend Alex showed me a 3D online chat called Pinguin Island. That chat was fantastik, really. You could create 3 avatars and explore 3 full land. At a certain point, we were about 200 users online. It is actually open only to a very few people, only on invite... I started to chat on msn during that year. I created my neopets account, and I still use that account :P Fekya is my first pet *hugs her* I created a blog also, and it was full of very depressed and annoyed posts about my crappy life.

Age 17 (4 years ago) : I kinda disappeared of the net. Didn't have it at home, so I was checking for my email at school and updating my blog from the school too, which was annoying. I left neopets during that period because I couldn't come online. I also left all chatting program XD

Age 18 (3 years ago) : Got back internet around Christmas. It was really hard to set up my connection. I got back on msn, continued my sakura site, closed my blog because I had nothing to say. I came back on neopets and I joined a guild for the first time. My English started to improve faster.

Age 19 (2 years ago) : Pretty much the same as when I was 18. I started to work on a RPG project. I was in the scenario team. We never manage to produce the game, but it was fun...

Age 20 (1 year ago) : Created my own guild on neopets. Started to take part in plot. Discovered TDN and promised myself to visit it every time I need to know something about neopets. It's just the best site around :P. I joined TDN forums but didn't really have time to get involved. Join the staff of an anime graphic site, amai-yume.

NOW : Nothing much changed... except that now, I spend most of my time online chatting in English instead of French. Oh, and I'm more active on TDN forums too. :)

The conclusion : we you are on Internet, you never know what will happen to you. The network you will create will determinate your future more than what you think. I wouldn't be here without my cardcaptor site, and I wouldn't have wanted to create site if I didn't started to chat with webmasters!

• 2 months later...

Age 6(5 years ago):first time i was ever on the internet just to go to a disney website...i learned how to search for a website and new already how to type even though for the first time.(we had a type writer so i would play with it...)

Age7(4 years ago):the internet i wasn't that familiar yet since i would just ask to go to paint.I found more websites of my favorite channels then

age 8(3 years ago):i liked the internet as much as the last two years.but id never actually got an account anywhere.i was more focused on sports then

Age 9(2 years ago): i had my first account on neopets and just got addicted to it.i started to have my own e-mail in yahoo.i also stumbled on tdn where the forums had two shoutboxes and guests can see it.i made a second account so i can nm or chat on the boards...i mett the staff then and people who are umm..how can i say this..ehh..extinct or somethin XD

Age 10(1 year ago):i'm afraid i didnt do that much for i was not supposed to use the computer...oh and i met levy then too....

his username before was teen_astronomer i should know ive been here a loong time

now:im a daily visitor of tdn,suta-raito's oekakis and pinkppt's too,neopets and more i also am a super member finally but is just a person who likes a dog who wants cookies

Hmm, this will take some mental reconstruction but I think I have my history down.

11 years old (6 years ago): First internet experience as before that time I had mainly used school computers with learning software, long live Oregon Trail on the original green and black screen macs! Anyways, just started off looking around and getting my feet wet and looking at kiddy stuff I was interested in.

12 years old (5 years ago): Joined Neopets for the first time, thought I was hot stuff because I had a mutant Buzz and mutant Lupe with good equipment. Joined a guild, made some awesome friends and threw it all away because of school getting to me. Otherwise, kept on exploring.

13 years old (4 years ago): I discovered GameFAQs and found a board for a game I still visit today, Legend of Legaia. It's become my home away from home where I have awesome friends who I'm used to and have the most random of times with online. First time I started using AIM and MSN.

14 years old (3 years ago): Learned how to use google to all my exploitive advantages to escape from school work, wasting hours of my life on message boards RP'ing and discusing stupid stuff.

15 years old (2 years ago): I believe this was my first Wikipedia experience, allowing me to indulge in all my guilty pleasures of cartoon shows that were gonna be released on DVD like Animeaniacs and much later on Darkwing Duck and Pink and the Brain. Began to keep in touch with friends more through my newest IM service Yahoo, the most common one I use today.

16 years old (1 year ago and less): Used Yahoo to stay in touch with my girlfriend as we don't get many chances to see each other outside of weekends as she's a freshman in college and works for Papa Murphy's. Started using the net to do lots of research on colleges, cut back on my RP'ing and mainly used the net for info purposes.

17 years old (Today): Joined Neopets in July, joined TDN at the start of August and discovered loads of puzzle and game sites that let you play for free legally, which has absorbed the remianing bits of my summer vacation.

Fun times, I've become so accustomed to the net I didn't realize how ling my trip has been with it.

Age 10 (11 - 12 years ago) - we started to learn about the internet in school, not much happened. We were taught how to use email for our school emails addresses and how to research things on the net. We had just gotten a really cruddy computer at home so we couldn't run the internet.

Age 11 (10 - 11 years ago) - At school we were now allowed to surf the net (with filter up of course) and I don't remember really being that into it. I think I might have looked up popular bands or done more school work. Our computer at home was upgraded, but not by much so still no internet.

Age 12 (9 - 10 years ago) - We got internet at home and I basically played games on Yahoo or game sites. It was free internet (yes free!) so there were a TON of ads all over the place. I would collect pictures of popular people (Leo DiCaprio, *sigh*) or visit fan sites. I had to share the computer with my 3 siblings and my parents so I didn't get much time to surf.

Age 13 (8 - 9 years ago) - I got my first email account at Yahoo and my friend showed me the chat boards. There were a lot of creepy people on in those days (not that there's not now, but most of them were creeps on a kids chat then, and openly creepy). I asked my dad if I could go on chat boards and he told me I couldn't and that my friend was being stupid if she did it... so I went on secretly. There was a lot of fighting over the home computer so my dad got another one and even though it didn't do much for the fighting, it meant more time on the internet/computer for everyone.

Age 14 (7 - 8 years ago) - I did emailing, games and surfing more. I realized there were games that had chat boards too, so I would go on there and minimize it when my Dad came in the room and say I had just been playing games. We got another 2 computers so my dad moved a computer up to my room (that I shared with my sister) so that I could do homework with it. I think that was when I started to download music. I also started to read fanfiction and then started to write it and post it.

Age 15 (6 - 7 years ago) - We got a burner so I started downloading like crazy and making CDs for people (for $5 each, and that was cheap... people were charging $10). I started to email a lot and changed my email to Hotmail since it had messenger and I added all my highschool friends. I was still writing and reading fanfiction and moved to poetry. I was collecting more pictures of celebs and any cool pictures I could find. I met a really nice guy on one of the game/chat sites and we're still friends now. He was the reason that I stayed up til all hours of the night MSNing and annoying my sleeping sister. I joined Neopets this year and got my whole family to join (3 of the 6 still play)

Age 16 (5 - 6 years ago) - Still on MSN, still downloading music and burning it, still playing games, still doing fanfiction. I tried to start a website, but it was bad and I was only just learning HTML in school so I stopped that about 5 months after I started. My time was mostly consumed with music, chatting and Neopets for 6 hours a day.

Age 17 (4 - 5 years ago) - MSN, music, games, fanfiction, Neopets, school work. That's about it. I think I discovered Yahoo messenger this year and got a lot of chat friends on it. I tried out Sims Online too... but that was boring for me.

Age 18 (3 - 4 years ago) - I took a break from Neopets for about a year between 17 and 18 (did you know that if you were gone for a long time back then, like a few months, you could collect about 1000NP in interest at the bank at one time) and was really trying to do well in school to get into University. I was still downloading and chatting, but that was about it. I got ICQ, but only for about a month.

Age 19 (2 - 3 years ago) - I spent most of my time emailing my boyfriend and doing schoolwork. I chatted a bit, but not much and I had stopped my writing. I played Neopets and tried out the other pet sites (which all kinda sucked).

Age 20 (1 - 2 years ago) - I lost interest in the internet except for Neopets and emailing. I used it for school work most of the time but that was it. I had moved out of my parents house so I needed more time for house-related things (cleaning mostly) and I was in University so I was always on campus doing something.

Age 21 (1 year ago - present) - I used Neopets and music downloading and email, but not much else. It keeps me entertained at work and now I have Facebook so I talk to the people from highschool and elementary school more. I don't use MSN much (usually because I'm away from the computer too often that it gets annoying to come back to 10 people not seeing you're set to away) and I only download games then crack them instead of playing them on the site.

Okay... mines not much really...

Age 11 (3-4 years ago) I had an email address which was basically my dads account and my friend sent me a powerpoint presentation saying happy christmas, and I sent one back with a little poem saying happy new year. I made myself an address seperately but was only allowed one from my dad's domain name, not hotmail or yahoo or anything, which bugged me because I could'nt use colors in my text :P

Age 12 (nearly 3 years ago) I got a hotmail account, and my friend started to go on about this 'Neopets'. She made me an account, I forgot it in a day, and she made me another one. Basically, since she was such an expert and I didnt bother reading the rules, she would be on at the same time as me and make me loads of neopoints (well, for both of us our 'Loads' would be about 5K... lol... I dont know why that account didnt get frozen!

Later, I created an account of my own, got a warning for begging on the boards, read the rules and went 'AHA!'

Then I sort of talked about neopets non stop.

Age 13 (1 1/2 years ago) I left the 0MG!!!111 1T5 @ N30P0INT3H!!!11 catogery and started hanging around the help chat. I left my account and created my current one (o0_emma_0o). And then when the AC started I joined the Rooligans, tried to fit in, didnt but didnt care, and played a total of 2 games. I think also around about then I joined a whole load of forums that I forget what they are...

Age 14 (nearly a year ago) I got admitted to hospital, and couldnt use the internet much. On weekends my highlight was MSNing people. (yeah, i know...) June, i joined here, after lurking for the past year.

Age nearly 15 (now) I am still here, I dont use neopets much (its kinda boring) I just lab my pets then go... I sometimes use IScribble, but not much... I use a few Christian forums, and thats basically it.