Mac Problem in Part 5 - jawbone

Saisons

This is just a heads-up for other mac users out there. The jawbone necessary in part 5 is IMPOSSIBLE to get using safari. This was discussed among several mac users on the neoboards, and we all came to the same conclusion. You will have to find a pc to use unless you have windows for mac and can use IE. The only other possibility I know of is Firefox. I don't have firefox on my mac, so I didn't try that way, and neither did anyone else I spoke to, but you might give it a try. It would be useful to have that info out there if firefox for mac works!

I had the same problem (my computer is a mac and I use safari) but I found a way to get the jawbone! I simply searched the map until I came across the friendly giant petpet's eye and the cursor changed and I clicked, got the jawbone and all's good! :D

I'm not sure how this will work with other computers but I hope it helps!

P.S. You must be very precice. You can't just click anywhere on the petpet's face. Otherwise it takes you back to the journal entry and no jawbone for you! :crying:

I had the same problem (my computer is a mac and I use safari) but I found a way to get the jawbone! I simply searched the map until I came across the friendly giant petpet's eye and the cursor changed and I clicked, got the jawbone and all's good! :D

I'm not sure how this will work with other computers but I hope it helps!

P.S. You must be very precice. You can't just click anywhere on the petpet's face. Otherwise it takes you back to the journal entry and no jawbone for you! :crying:

That's cool - I have a PC that I just went to and used to get the jawbone. That's when I thought of using firefox on my mac (its new, so I hadn't downloaded it yet) but by then I already had the jawbone :eh:

I will be passing on your solution to my mac neofriends tho - save them a trip to the library!

You could also...

view source code of the map page of the journal, and search for doget.

Then, copy the adress you see there (should look like : get_jawbone.phtml?h=cbfeb230f7a81f36192779f7c8c15cad)

and paste it after http://www.neopets.com/mip/

So it should look like :

http://www.neopets.com/mip/get_jawbone.pht...92779f7c8c15cad

Hit enter

it should work :)

• 3 weeks later...