Euthanasia

Chipmonker

Euthanasia  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Euthanasia

• For
    • Against

Euthanasia - Physician-Assisted Suicide - Mercy Killing

Euthanasia is when a person's life is ended, usually lacking the person's consent (Terry Schiavo), with a fatal injection. It usually happens when a person is permanently crippled and may never have the chance to live a normal life. A vegetable, severely mentally retarded individual, or even the elderly may one day be subject to euthanasia.

However, many people believe that human life is sacred and equal. In that case, no person, no matter how helpless or crippled, should be denied the right to live.

Discuss:

Human Euthanasia-

Is it right?

Is is wrong?

Why/Why not?

I'm 100% against it because that is technically murdering someone. I think we should be allowed to sign a medical form stating whether or not if something like that ever happens to us, if we want the doctors to pretty much end our lives. Other than that, to me that's murder and the doctor should be sent to jail.

It depends because it could also be your friend that has been paralyzed and wants to die. If youve ever seen Million Dollar Baby, thats what I mean. I am of cour completely against killing someone without their consent, but for people thathave been severely injured and are barely injured and cant do it themselves, then what can you do? Animals are put down all the time to put them out of their misery.

Can we include the discussion about animals.

I am against it except in the case that the person will just never be able to do anything or they are in terrible pain.... BUT only with the Familys consent. Family being the were hers until she was 18.

It depends because it could also be your friend that has been paralyzed and wants to die. If youve ever seen Million Dollar Baby, thats what I mean. I am of cour completely against killing someone without their consent, but for people thathave been severely injured and are barely injured and cant do it themselves, then what can you do? Animals are put down all the time to put them out of their misery.

Animals are not the same as humans. Humans are intelligant species and have more detailed systems.

Yea, but Animals can't talk and they can't really say anything about whether or not they want to live. In that case it really is up to the owner. That's why in the case of humans, all of us should sign a special consent, just like you do when you get your ID or license, you specify whether you want to be a donor or not.