Journey to the Lost Isle: Part 4; Study report

Anime

mip_new_features_ch4_bd.gif

A Giant Moach is attacking! Quick, get to the battledome to help fend it off! Just be sure to active it by clicking the last panel of the Chapter 4 comics!

And if you need some more information, see our guide for help!

Our articles have now been translated into Dutch, German, French and Spanish!

In slightly different news, researchers in a new study have criticised sites such as Neopets for their role in child obesity. They claim that the immersive advertising - such as McDonalds - and the on-site items, plus various graphics (such as avatars) lead children to make the wrong food choices. It cites Neopian Gabrielle Ayala, 10, as she feeds her pets; the report was also critical of Kelloggs amongst other major companies who advertise online. Next week, kids, we'll learn how Neopets leads to global warming, world poverty, and rising interest rates in Zimbabwe. <_< (Source)

I only managed to beat him once. :( This isn't fair at all. This isn't a war, this is a plot. There should be elusive steps that take hours to figure out and complete. TNT is getting way lazy and they are not thrilling anyone. Trust me.

Huh. Weren't you all excited about the challengers yesterday? And I coulda sworn I said that plot-not-war thing....

No, I was excited about this so called 'plot' and wanting steps. I'm going to take a while guess and say that from now on it's going to be puzzle-challenger-puzzle...and so on. THIS IS GOING TO STINK. Yes, I'm a pessimist.

I want it to be more like the Altador Plot. Nice long and complicated steps. Things that 'challenge' people. Also a plot that is fair to everyone. Yes, I know that you can go on if you don't beat the monster but this is getting a little out of hand. So many people are feeling 'left out' it just isn't right. Each person should get the fair chance like the Altador Plot. TNT even liked he Altador Plot so much they kept it open for all the other users to enjoy.

I only managed to beat him once. :( This isn't fair at all. This isn't a war, this is a plot. There should be elusive steps that take hours to figure out and complete. TNT is getting way lazy and they are not thrilling anyone. Trust me.

I think this is fair, its good for people who like war, and people who like puzzles.

Having a puzzle, BD, Puzzle, BD is a great idea, because its a bit of each

Character_________Difficulty Played Won Lost Drawn Score

Monstrous Moach___75 +11___11___11__0____0___1518

Species : Poogle

Colour : Rainbow

Level : 20

Health : 439 / 439

Mood : delighted!

Hunger : bloated

Strength : ULTIMATE (185)

Defence : GREAT (27)

Move : LEGENDARY (117)

Intelligence : master genius (70)

The only items used (no healing bottles):

Staff of Impenetrable Gloom

Scythe of Eternal Darkness

You never know what TNT might pull off. They might award points for people who try to 'help' the explorers. It's worth it to at least try once, in my opinion!

Guest EBIL Cybunny Easter!
Child obesity? C'mon, we see more ads on TV and on the streets than on Neopets. Yea, I guess terrorism is also Neopets's fault, eh? *sarcasm*

TV and street ads are very diversificated, while Neopets bombards people IN EVERY PAGE with ads, some which can be considered inappropriate.

Now global warming, poverty, err....that's harder. I really look forward to reading that article.

Well, aren't we all responsable of the social diseases anyway?

Fast food pubs are everywhere. You take the bus, you see a burger... you take your car, you see a burger and you pass near the restaurant too and smell it. You stay at home and turn on tv... guess what you see? An other burger... since publicity has taken control over the net, it's normal to see it here too... so just ignore it or block adds XD. And get a burger now!

TV and street ads are very diversificated, while Neopets bombards people IN EVERY PAGE with ads, some which can be considered inappropriate.

Now global warming, poverty, err....that's harder. I really look forward to reading that article.

I know how they'll do it. People are so busy playing Neopets that they don't have time to work and buy food.

Global warming because that Secret Lab ray shoots out exhaust fumes into the air and creates pollution.

About the ad thing... I don't think we can seriously blame ads and such on childhood obesity. I think it all has to do with parenting. Ads don't make kids fat, the food we allow them to eat does. I'm sure ads and such don't help the matter because, for example, kids may see something on a television commercial that they want to eat or a being persuaded by the ad to eat. That is when a parent should step in and explain to the child why that particular food (or whatever it may be) isn't a healthy choice and offer suggestions to the child that is a healthy choice.

That's my opinion, anyway.

Oh, and I just can't seem to beat that darn Moach. <_<