The Daily Neopets Goes International!

Samuel

Ahhh ok... now let we discuss wich language is the most correct one.. yep. Oh I forgot to say that I'M FROM BRAZIL!! Of course you are the perfect one and Brazilian portuguese sucks.... Man you should grow up, and dont go comparing two laguanges. They just got different ways of growing. And I also would say that the British English has a coller accent, but I would never say that it is "the most correct form".

Man, say that again and you may star a war.

Ok, no arguing, thats what the debate forum is for. No language is better than another and I really dont think HBK was trying to start a fight, or even say the Portugal Portugese is better.

Nah what HBK is trying to say that,

If your english, you think english is the correct way (even though similar to american)

If your american, you think american is the right way.

In Portugese,

as he is from portugal, he think portugese is the right way

and you are from brazil so you think that is the right way

Everyone thinks their language is the right way, as long as you understand what they're saying, who cares

And you would be surprised, in Spanish everyone has a different way of talking, but in the end we all understand each other. Each Latin-American country has their own slang, some use words other countries don't anymore and such. Like Vivi said, as long as you understand, it shouldn't really matter.

And you would be surprised, in Spanish everyone has a different way of talking, but in the end we all understand each other. Each Latin-American country has their own slang, some use words other countries don't anymore and such. Like Vivi said, as long as you understand, it shouldn't really matter.

That's funny, that doesn't hold true in English...

Examples:

mms://audio.bl.uk/media/learning/sounds/contemporarydialects/scotland/portsoy.wma

mms://audio.bl.uk/media/learning/sounds/contemporarydialects/scotland/kilmarnock.wma

I can barely understand either of them and they are both speaking English. They could be speaking Swahili for all I know. Gotta love the Scots.

Although I have to admit the American Bronx is hard too.

Just to give you an example:

I have a friend who is Mexican and they call a car 'coche'. In Peru, 'coche' is a stroller and 'carro' is car. At first, I didn't know coche was car for them, but now it's pretty normal to me.

That's why when I wrote the Spanish guide for TDN, I tried to use words that are more common. In some countries they refer to someone as 'Usted' instead of 'Tu' which means You in Spanish.

Nah what HBK is trying to say that,

If your english, you think english is the correct way (even though similar to american)

If your american, you think american is the right way.

In Portugese,

as he is from portugal, he think portugese is the right way

and you are from brazil so you think that is the right way

Everyone thinks their language is the right way, as long as you understand what they're saying, who cares

Correct, I wasn't trying to start a fight. Brazilian Portuguese and Portugal's Portuguese is very similar, and as I'm from Portugal, I write this way.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. You think that Brazilian is the most correct way to write, sure I don't have a problem with that.

It's understandable, just adding some changes though.

For example - "actual" - PT (same definition as in English)

"atual" - BR

Both are correct, just different ways of writing.

Hey! I never said that I thought Brazilian portuguese were better, I only said it grown in a different way that Portugal Portuguese.

Aaaaaaand I were only previously asking why not making a Brazilian guide..... gee... I dont like the Portugal accent, to read 'cause its to much different from Brazil, but the heck, I dont even like Neopets portuguese 'cause it feels like you are 4 years old! I prefer sticking with the english version, anyway...

Hey! I never said that I thought Brazilian portuguese were better, I only said it grown in a different way that Portugal Portuguese.

Aaaaaaand I were only previously asking why not making a Brazilian guide..... gee... I dont like the Portugal accent, to read 'cause its to much different from Brazil, but the heck, I dont even like Neopets portuguese 'cause it feels like you are 4 years old! I prefer sticking with the english version, anyway...

As you wish, the choice is yours. :)

The solution is to have both languages, I guess. That way people will stop complaining.

Yeah, and while your at it, let's have more Spanish revisions! Mexican, Cataluña... <_<

Exactly, so thats what happens when you start to talk about what portugese is most correct ;)

I didn't start it, but oh well... ^_^