Some Good Tips For The Code Breaking :)

elemak

The Guide in TDN is kind of weak , reason? if u spend 1 turn on just 1 code , then its a waste of the turn and u will get unlucky ALOT

Instead of doing 1 code everytime , try doing 2 or more , not only u get a chance to strike both at the correct position , you also make full use of the number of turns you get!If you dont , backtrack if u got a yellow light or just redo it!

When u start doing lvl 2 and 3 of the codes , always turn all the codes at the start at whatever position u like , the point is , randomize!

the more u randomize your turns , the chances of hitting the correct one is greater

and you can backtrack the turns to find out which is not accurate!

Lastly , dont be disheartened , i finished mine in 30 mins , just remember these tips and u might strike lucky easy!

I actually started off trying 5 at a time, all the same symbol, tried a few different techniques and found out that the one TDN suggested is indeed the easiest and quickest. It seems like it would be a waste of a turn but it didn't turn out that way for me. Also, instead of trying each one in turn FORWARDS, I tried BACKWARDS, maybe that is quicker for everybody.

Do one at a time BACKWARDS until you get green, then move onto the next one. Because then you KNOW thats in the right place - if you do more than one and you get one green, one yellow, then you have no clue which goes where and it ends up taking even more turns to figure that out.

As soon as I did the 1 at a time technique it took me 5mins to do both puzzle 2 and 3.

it took me 5 mins to complete the second and third puzzle too! and 6 mins on the thrid puzzle.. x.x

the third puzzle was hard and i have to admit that its plain luck for me(:

Yeah, I did them one at a time too, before I even saw TDN's guide... it just makes sence to do it that way! With your way you need a lot of luck to pick the right order, even if you do figure out which symbols give the yellow lights *shrugs*

With the one at a time way - if you put one of the symbols for a turn and then none of them light up at all you know that particular symbol isn't part of the puzzle so you don't need to try it for the more inner rings - that saves turns, and gives you more of a chance (especially if yours is like my last one where it only contained 3 symbols ;)). There's definately some luck involved though, sometimes you just won't get it trying them one at a time because you have to get to the last (or first if you're going backwards) symbols but just keep trying it, eventually you'll get one that has your starting symbols in it!

Good luck to everyone that is still trying to figure it out!

It can be a variety of different symbols. Not necessarily one of each.

I'll be honest. I did this plot part in 5 minutes. *whistles* Before TDNs guide came up. But the guide pretty much outlines how I did it.

I did all of the first symbol and saw if any lights appeared and changed one at a time when necessary.

True. If nothing appears on the lights, the symbol doesn't appear anywhere in your code. So you're refining it much further.

And finally, don't be disheartened if it takes a long time to do one part and you keep having to restart. Truth is, the more times you restart, the more times you're going to get an easy one or a quick one! So keep at it! :)

I dont think my question was understood. When I put in a symbol, for example say the "4" in the first ring, it will say that it is green. But then when I go to the next ring and press the button it tells me that the first ring is now yellow. And when I go through all 15 tries and do it again, the symbols are not the same for each ring like in the two puzzles before. Has this happened to anyone else???

no, but from one try to the next, the symbols that are used in the sequence shouldnt change, regardless of position

---

OK, I finally got it to work, it just takes a lot of fiddling. :)

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Matt) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. Edit your previous posts. :)

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.