Help with NQ1

fyora_jen

So I died twice already on insane. Any good insane guides out there?

Resurrection
PREREQUISITE: Lifesteal I consider this skill useless and a complete waste of points. There is no reason to have it, because you are *not* going to die! So far I've beaten Normal and Evil levels, and have not died once. If you play your cards right you won't ever need this 'crap shoo't at saving yourself.

Is that skill helpful?

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie).
This topic was posted in the wrong area.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.
Per the reason above, this topic has been MOVED from 'Neopets General Chat' to 'Neopets Help'.

I'm nearly done with Insane, so I tell you what I learned from my experiences. There are no particular guides for Insane because the storyline is basically the same. For practical advice, train up two levels above what is recommended for the boss. You don't need Resurrection. If you get that skill, you're taking skill points away from genuinely useful skills like the Shock skill tree. Resurrection is a chance of being resurrected, so you still might have to go travel all the way back if you die again. The best approach is to prevent dying, but you can only do that by optimally allocating points (i.e. not getting Resurrection) and grinding (i.e. leveling two above what you should be for the boss). Always make sure you have the Life family of staffs and conserve potions. I would sometimes switch between the endgame Moonstone Staff and Life Staff so I could heal and save potions before the final bosses. When I would encounter a monster, I would cast absorption, cast Spirit of Growth, and flee. In desperate situations when you have to use potions, use the weakest potion you can get away with. Save Spirit Healing Potions because the endgame bosses are a marathon. In the end, some of Insane is luck, so don't get too discouraged if you die even with my advice, but keep going; the gold trophy is quite an accomplishment!

I highly recommend http://idnq.net/index.php?page=viewguide&id=29! That guide is written for people on normal difficulty, so on Insane, we have to fight Mastermind and then Xantan Reborn right after Jahbal. Just as a refresher, Mastermind has 1000 HP. He can drain you of 50 HP (and therefore heal himself of 50 HP) and hit you with fire and ice magic for 120 HP. I couldn't find much about Xantan Reborn when I researching him prior to typing this, but I know that he has 1300 HP and, from other people's experiences, he shouldn't be a huge threat. I plan on using most of my potions when fighting Mastermind, keeping my Superior Healing Potions for Xantan Reborn. I'm not too worried about Jahbal because I defeated him fairly easily when on evil mode, and the last thing I want is to die from Mastermind's fire and ice attacks. In the case that Jahbal is very close to killing me, I will use a stronger potion and I will try my best to go into fighting Mastermind with as high health as possible. As a general rule, heal whenever your HP is at or below the maximum that the boss can hit you for. Oh, and make sure you equip the Moonstone Staff before the endgame fight! As always, I'm always happy to answer more questions when they come to mind! XD