Neopet Spotlight help?

thatlauralass

Hi everyone! So I've been on hiatus from Neo for little over a year now... I basically disappeared just as there was word of JS taking over the site.

All the art related contests have always been my thing, so I of course decided to enter the Pet Spotlight last week.

According to the calendar, this was supposed to be updated on Monday, and be a weekly spotlight, so I'm a little bit confused as it has not been updated within the last week of me checking??

Does anyone know what on earth is going on? I'm hearing things that other spotlights have been abandoned with no notifications either, what exactly is going on, and is there a way to contact Neo directly and find out what their intentions are with these spotlights? I'd like to know whether I'm ever going to see a spotlight award or if my entry is just floating around on their server, never to be looked at.

Any info on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

From looking at the news and the contest, Pet Spotlight is currently not being updated right now. This started at the beginning of March when JumpStart made a bunch of staff changes. There are several other contests that have been "paused" and they're slowly bringing them back. The Userlookup of the Week contest just returned recently. So hopefully they'll get to the other ones soon. That explains why you didn't see it updated. Unfortunately it looks like you're going to have to wait until this contest returns. :)

@charelan - Thank you! =) I've not done much digital art recently so I need to push myself to get better.

@mousey - Ah, thank you so much for that. I feel so out of the loop right now! That really is a shame, I guess ill have to make do with the beauty contest and the art gallery in the mean time! Maybe I'll fire them a question for the editorials (if they're still doing those) and see if they can give an estimate for how long it'll take. Again, thank you for the info!