This should be simple :/

Breaziecat

So I wrote this description for my gallery, trying to make it nice for the spotlight.  But I've having problems coding it.  

I want to put a quotation mark at the beginning of some of the paragraphs - but when I put use &quot at the beginning, it just disappears for some reason!  I tried putting the <q> and </q> instead, but Neo told me that "Invalid words, disallowed words or words that should have quotes but do not were found inside your html tags."  and that <q> and </q> were the estimated problem words.  

I'm not really sure how to fix this.  I just want to put a quotation mark at the beginning of some of the paragraphs - but it's not working...   :questionmark:   
Please tell me - is this something that can be done?  Or do I need a new description?  

My gallery layout made this all black for some reason, but it still works:
http://www.neopets.com/gallery/?gu=breaziecat

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie).
This topic was posted in the wrong area.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.
Per the reason above, this topic has been MOVED from 'Neopets General Chat' to 'Computers & Programming'.

I checked your layout and it could be that somewhere in one of the codes you're missing a " quote somewhere and it's throwing it out to lunch a bit. Double check and make sure you're not missing something like that. You should be able to use the quotes in your text without doing anything fancy to make them show up. So that leads me to believe that there is an error in your code causing some glitches.

EDIT: While briefly looking at your code it appears the issue may be with your cursor url, there's no quotes there and there should be.

url: ("linky") is where the quotes should be. Try that and see if that changes anything for you.

Thank you so much!  Your idea fixed it perfectly!  Now it's nearly ready to enter :woot:  

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie).
The original topic is now answered and will be closed.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.
Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Spritzie if you have any questions regarding this action.