Lab Ray species changes and...colour changes?

So I was wondering. Obviously the Lab Ray can change your pet's species - it changed my Poogle into a Mynci and my Jubjub into...the dolphin one? Can't recall the name?

Anyhoo, I was wondering, when it changes your pet's species, does it only ever change it to X with a basic colour? Or does it happen that it can change your green mynci into a...I don't know, a coconut jubjub?

Does that make sense? Not sure how else to phrase it :)

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie).
This topic was posted in the wrong area.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.
Per the reason above, this topic has been MOVED from 'Neopets General Chat' to 'Neopets Help'.

The lab ray can turn your pet into any species and any color, but it's random. If the color is available to the species it'll have a chance to turn into it. For example: It could turn your red poogle into a red kyrii, a faerie poogle, or a pea chia. You never know what It'll change into.

When changing species, it always changes to a basic color first, then it can change to other colors within that species.

Ahh. I thought it might work like that, but hoped it worked the other way...that would be so cool! Especially considering the time it can sometimes take for a colour change to happen...Thanks!

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie).

The original topic is now answered and will be closed.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Spritzie if you have any questions regarding this action.