Wizards Waste Magmas in Round Two Rematch

Midtime

1403.gif

Hello, one and all! Welcome back to TDN's ACX coverage. This is Brooke, reporting from the studio, where everyone keeps giving me weird looks. And hopefully coffee? No? What do we even have assistants for, if not to bring me copious amounts of coffee? Ugh.

Anyway, I'm no longer missing. Turns out I accidentally broke into the studio of a local competitor? Luckily no charges are being filed or anything, and I'm back to work! Not sure how I managed to get their cameras to broadcast onto our station, but... gosh, who cares about those silly details? On to the Alabriss bracket!

Sweep-Sweepity Only one sweep in the Alabriss bracket today, in the last match of round two. Tyrannia went up against the Lost Desert, and promptly put them in their place. This is only the second time the Mummies have been swept, or experienced losses at all! The Fossils have also only been swept twice this year, but the entire second round has been a solid win for them. In spite of this success, Tyrannia is only finishing the round in fifth place, whereas the Lost Desert has landed in third in the standings.

Next up was the match between the Minions and the Pirates. They clashed valiantly on the Yooyuball field, but finally came to a draw. Krawk Island's slushie slinging skills reigned supreme over the Darigan Citadel, but the Minions took the remaining side games. The mixed results of their matchup are reflected in the standings, where both teams are tied for eighth place.

Climb-Climbity In the last match, Shenkuu and the Haunted Woods went head-to-head. The Ninjas triumphantly took their first Yooyuball win of the year, and followed it up with wins in both Slushie Slinger and Shootout Showdown. Perhaps the screams that earned the Zombies a win in Make Some Noise were screams of despair? They currently sit at the bottom of the standings. Shenkuu, however, has settled into twelfth place. We shall see if the third round finds either team making any climbs.

I shall now turn things over to Midtime! Good luck with the Minitheus bracket, Midtime, and thanks for heading the Brooke Recovery Effort!

Cop-Coppity "It was my pleasure, Brooke! - especially since, as it turned out, the Brooke Recovery Effort mainly required me to contact local authorities, fill in a number of forms, and spend several hours answering impersonal, aggressively-phrased questions. These are my favourite pastimes."

[The reporter smiles nostalgically.]

"The studio is so much duller in Austin's absence. But - any way - on to the day's results. The Minitheus bracket has seen a semi-rare triple sweep: let's get to the first of them.

Wiz-Wizardry "The Magmas last contended with the Wizards two days ago, and the rematch today has gone no better for them. Team Brightvale were in excellent shape, and claimed both the Make Some Noise and Shootout Showdown wins that the Magmas previously managed to keep from them. The Wizards' remarkable performance today only reassures us that they may yet have the potential to rise in the rankings. Team Moltara have yet to see victory themselves, although they have had their remarkable moments in the past. It is not too late for either team to claim a position at the top in the rounds that remain.

"The Moons quite thrashed the Knights in one of their usual extraordinary plays. Both teams have been doing extremely well over the first half of the season, making the one-sided match that much more of a shock to Meridell supporters. The Knights will have to overcome more than one fearsome opponent to earn first place this year. No common mouth sips punch from this Cup."

Cup-Cuppity [Some one whispers unintelligibly to the reporter from offscreen.]

"Oh. Very well, then. It appears I had a misconception. The Cup is not, in fact, used to drink punch out of, or any other beverage, for that matter. I apologise for this error.

Cel-Celery "Finally, of course, we have the Kiko Lake sweep which by now has come to serve as a staple of the season. Faerieland's gradual but earnest progress into the mid-tier, unfortunately for them, was no match for the team which, up till now, has met no match at all. Still, interviewers found the Faeries little demoralised by the loss, and prepared to battle their way through the rest of the round. 'We offer a warm congratulations, as always, to Cellers and his team,' Captain Worrill of Faerieland closed his public address, 'and as always, thank them for the game.' Free slushies and other refreshments were then offered, after which no further information is available from the reporter we sent to the press conference, for unexplained reasons.

"That rounds up the Minitheus bracket. I'll send you back to Matt in the Studio for the last bracket of the day. Pax vobiscum, viewers!"

Yes, thank you Midtime. If you're lucky, my appeal to our producers will go through and I'll be ditching the studio and Brooke to join you! Anyways, let's focus on the results of the Vaeolus Bracket for now.

Bleep-Bleepity Bouncing back from yesterday's defeat, Roo Island Team Captain Lilo Blumario was able to lead his team to victory today as they dominated the Robots with a complete sweep. The Robots suffered a tragic defeat today as the Rooligans were able to quadruple the Robots' scores in Make Some Noise and Shootout Showdown. Currently last in the Vaeolus Bracket, will the Robots have better luck as they head to the third round?

The Chillers were able to continue their dominant performance today, wrapping up the final day of the second round with another sweep. This marks the Chillers' sixth straight sweep! The Mermaids came close to the Chillers in Yooyuball, however a last minute goal by Right Forward Osielle Lidel sealed the Mermaids' fate. The Chillers have dominated the Vaeolus Bracket throughout this entire week, but will they be able to keep up this performance during the next round?

Mys-Mystery In our final match of the Vaeolus Bracket, Altador and Mystery Island faced off on the field today. Contrary to our predictions, the Natives were able to pull off a side sweep against the Suns. A close match in all three side games, the Natives just inched by to gain those wins. The Suns remained hopeful in today's match as they were able to prevent a total sweep by ending Yooyuball with a draw.

That wraps up the results from the Vaeolus Bracket! The second round comes to a close as we near the halfway mark of the Cup. As teams rest and prepare for the third round, it seems as if Kiko Lake is the current frontrunner for this year's Cup. Will somebody be able to stop the Kikos in the next round? This is Matt, signing off.

p-519.png

Obligatory disclaimer: This news report was written to inform you all of the latest Altador Cup results in as entertaining a manner as possible. The rest of its content is largely fictional, composed from various fan comments and the whims of our imagination in an attempt to inspire a sense of realism through our reporting. While we do our best to keep things reasonably neutral, this report is in no way intended to be a completely bias-free listing of the day's results, nor does it claim to provide critical analysis of past and potential outcomes from qualified Altador Cup experts. Please note that the opinions formulated in this report are from a full team of different reporters, and in no way represent the views of only a single faction. If you're looking for 100% unbiased performance data, take a look at our standings page. If professional analysis tickles your fancy, you want our predictions pages (global/daily).

Aww this is so cool! You really have a knack for this! Your disclaimer mentions that "the opinions" come from a few different people, but was the writing a group effort? Your profile says you're a writer, and I wonder if you have any shorts out and about that can be read. Maybe some bits of Nanowrimo? (Now I need to go back and read the past ones. I'm barely following the Cup because the numbers just don't stick with me. This narrative view though, is much more interesting.)

We're very glad that you're reading and enjoying our reports! The writing of the report is indeed a task accomplished by several different people. You may notice that one of the reporters is called 'Midtime'; Brooke (Nellethiel on the forums) and Matt (xblade356, likewise) are the writers of their own sections. The majority of AC staff have significant writing experience, amateur or professional, and we all very much hope our writing is engaging and pleasant to read.

Discussing any of our personal exploits would be outside the scope of this topic; however, you are absolutely welcome to contact any of us by PM if you are still curious!