Moons Mash Mermaids; Matt Mishandles Midtime

Nellethiel

broadcasters.jpg

Good day to you all, and welcome back to The Daily Neopets' coverage of this year's Altador Cup! This is Brooke, reporting from right here in our very own studio! Mostly because it would appear Matt got lonely and took to unlawfully detaining other members of staff to stave off the loneliness. Our boss thought he might be in need of.... supervision. So here I am, indoors, on what turned out to be a beautiful day. To babysit.

Brooke notices Matt looking at her with a rather... sad expression.

Awkward Meepit Oh! I mean... to help out? It's not that I don't enjoy the company of my fellow reporter! I just... I don't get out much. Anyway, I guess I'd better get on with the report... if I can dislodge my foot from my mouth! To the Alabriss Bracket!

Astro Grundo Mermaids met Moons today as the last match of the round kicked off. Maraqua's scores across the board have been very consistent this week, and they were just no match for Kreludor's consistently higher scores. It's been an all-or-nothing sort of week for the Mermaids, as they've either swept or been swept every day. The Moons have pulled off a sweep every single day of round one, making them the top team of the bracket! Time will tell if Kreludor will be brought back to earth, or will continue to be out of this world!

In the next match, as the Lost Desert swept in like a bad sandstorm to defeat the Rooligans. It's been a mixed bag of results for Roo Island, whereas the Mummies have managed sweeps in four out of five days of play. It will be interesting to see what happens as they face stronger teams in the next round.

Freaked out Moehog Lastly, but certainly not least, Krawk Island achieved their first sweep of the year against the Magmas, who have been shutout every single day so far. The Pirates have still managed to stay in the top half of the standings, but we all know how quickly things can change in the Altador Cup! Hopefully tomorrow's day off will give Moltara a chance to regroup for the next round.

janitor closet Now, I was going to turn things over to Midtime, but he's been given the day off, as he seems to have spent several hours locked in a broom closet. Poor guy was last seen staggering down the hallway mumbling about the smell of cleanser. So I guess I'll handle the Minitheus bracket as well!

No one was particularly surprised by the results of the match between Virtupets and Faerieland, where the sweep seemed all but inevitable. The Faeries have been working their sparkling butts off to stay off the bottom, particularly in Yooyuball, but ultimately came up short against the Robots. Despite being a formidable force last year, the Robots have been struggling this year and are currently in the bottom third of the standings.

Darigan Logo Next up, the light met the darkness as Altador took on the Darigan Citadel. The Minions have been doing very well this year, but they very nearly fumbled on the field today as the a bottom-tier team drew with them at Yooyuball. Darigan Citadel rallied, however, and swept the side events.

Finally, Meridell and Shenkuu went at it on the field and off, bringing mixed results in the final match of the round. The valiant Knights pulled off wins in both Yooyuball and Make Some Noise. The Ninjas are currently holding onto a position in the top half of the standings, but they only managed draws in their remaining two events against the Knights, who currently vie for the top position overall.

That wraps up the Minitheus bracket! It is my pleasure to hand things over to my patient and handsome, if a bit frightening, colleague. Take it away, Matt!

The Great Escape "Thanks Brooke! I'm glad there's somebody else in the studio with me today, I'm not as lonely anymore! My friend has escaped, however… but no worries, let's wrap up this report with the results from the Vaeolus Bracket.

Avalaaaanche "Diving straight into the first match, the Chillers were able to cause an uproar on the Yooyuball field today as Team Captain Prytariel was able to lead her team to victory against the Zombies. Although coming close to winning in Shootout Showdown, the Zombies were unable to prevent the Chillers from pulling out the brooms in today's match. We have received reports that all roads to Terror Mountain have been blocked due to an avalanche caused by fans celebrating the spectacular victory. How will I buy some delicious ice cream now? I mean… I hope everyone in the Terror Mountain area stays safe. This marks the second sweep for the Chillers within three days. With an upcoming bracket change right around the corner, how will the Chillers and the Zombies fare in their new brackets?

Volgoth "Brightvale and Mystery Island clashed on the field today, and contrary to our expectations the Natives were able to take the overall win in today's matchup. It seems the Wizards were low on energy today as the Natives' offense scored goals with ease. The Wizards' fans were also less than motivational in Make Some Noise today with a score of one. The Natives were able to drown out the Wizards' fans in today's matchup, supporting Volgoth and his team as they scored goals taking the win in Yooyuball as well. All was not lost for the Wizards as they were able to rally together and cleanly obtain a win in Shootout Showdown, and forced officials to declare a draw in Slushie Slinger. The amount of excess slushies produced in this match was insane! Hopefully Brightvale will use this bye day to rest up and better prepare themselves for the challenges that lay ahead in their next bracket.

I just love this stupid kiko with cookies "The two powerhouses of the Vaeolus Bracket, Tyrannia and Kiko Lake once again faced off on the field. Kiko Lake cleanly swept the Fossils in all games today. The upcoming bracket changes will prove useful for the Fossils as they try to avoid being put in a bracket with the Kikos again. However, for Kiko Lake, all eyes will focus on them as many spectators are wondering if they'll be able to maintain this spectacular level of performance. As of this moment, the Kikos are the team to defeat in this Cup.

"There are no interesting matches to watch as today is a bye day! Many teams will be resting up and evaluating their performances to make improvements. With bracket changes around the corner, will Tyrannia finally get their time to shine? Will Kiko Lake continue to dominate in this Cup? These questions will be answered in the near future, but as for now, this is Matt reporting to you live from the studio along with my co-host for the day, Brooke, signing off."

yooyus_sleeping_news.gif

Obligatory disclaimer: This news report was written to inform you all of the latest Altador Cup results in as entertaining a manner as possible. The rest of its content is largely fictional, composed from various fan comments and the whims of our imagination in an attempt to inspire a sense of realism through our reporting. While we do our best to keep things reasonably neutral, this report is in no way intended to be a completely bias-free listing of the day's results, nor does it claim to provide critical analysis of past and potential outcomes from qualified Altador Cup experts. Please note that the opinions formulated in this report are from a full team of different reporters, and in no way represent the views of only a single faction. If you're looking for 100% unbiased performance data, take a look at our standings page. If professional analysis tickles your fancy, you want our predictions pages (global/daily).