wouldn't it be nice if Neopets Customer service wasn't so bad?

You could always send an E-Mail to [email protected] I had to do that for mine. Just tell them your circumstances and see if they will allow you to / or for you, change the associated E-Mail.
NeoFriends, stuff in your SDB, the day, month and year that you received a trophy (although that would be hard for me to remember xD) month & year should be fine though, little things only you would know about your account, like if you found a PB through a Random Event and which pet you painted it with or if you sold it.

The more info you shove about your account into that message, I would say, the higher your chances are to recover it.

I can empathize with this all too well. :( I quit Neopets several years (back when I was in high school) after my account was frozen, and then about a year or so again I made a new account and started playing again. My mom used to be an avid Neopets player, and when I got back into it she decided to as well. So she tried logging into her account (which she hadn't logged into in probably 7+ years) and it required her to put in her birthday, and she couldn't remember which one she had used. I used my new account to submit a ticket for her and she put in all of the information she could remember. That was probably 10 or 11 months ago. We're still waiting to hear back...

You could always send an E-Mail to [email protected] I had to do that for mine. Just tell them your circumstances and see if they will allow you to / or for you, change the associated E-Mail.

NeoFriends, stuff in your SDB, the day, month and year that you received a trophy (although that would be hard for me to remember xD) month & year should be fine though, little things only you would know about your account, like if you found a PB through a Random Event and which pet you painted it with or if you sold it.

The more info you shove about your account into that message, I would say, the higher your chances are to recover it.

again if you just dropped off neopets like i did then remembering random crap like friends and inventory what you had equipped isn't going to be easy

And if you dropped off Neopets for a few years, someone else claimed to be you and stole your account, you'd be mad because Neopets didn't have precautions to prove ownership of your account, right?

I don't see what the problem is - it's your account, your responsibility. If you'd forgotten the email, password, fake birthday you put in, well that's probably not Neopets' fault. If you can't be bothered to put in the effort to try and recover your account, then there's nothing that will happen. Neopets Customer Support is not too terrible, if you provide even some information. I've recovered several old accounts with a few lucky guesses. It won't hurt to try. Everyone has already provided you the resources you need to attempt to get your account back, the rest is up to you.

I'm trying to put in the effort but i can't make info appear out of thin air that i can't even verify because it's been years since i even looked into my inventory i cannot begin to imagine what's in there i understand everyone's frustrations with me and I'm sorry but when i signed up for neopets it was at a time when i didn't really need to write everything down when i didn't have my email account

at most i can remember some of the things i did on neopets not so much if i had any neofriends or what was in the inventory

I'd have to be the luckiest man on earth to get those kind of questions right at this stage and i guess my account is forever lost if i can't get lucky with that....

And then you can make a new account! So what? It's not like you remember how much NP or what items you had, anyway.

I don't remember how many accounts I have made in the 12-14 years I've been on neopets. Some because I got frozen (RP related stuff on neoboards), some because I lost my details, some because I just felt like it. No biggie.

it's just I'm pretty sure some of the items in my inventory were special one time items so that's one of the reasons i made such a big deal about it...i just wish there was a more reliable way to keep your account from being lost years down the line

because if you are a young kid then you won't think about writing all your info down it just never came to you....seems pretty dumb to expect kids remember all this crap when they need it the most