I want to move to Hawaii

Psmucker3

Ever since I went to Hawaii a few years ago, I have never felt more connected with a place. Compared to the big city I live in now, the lifestyle change is so drastic. I know right now where I'm located is best for my major choice, fashion design. Fashion design is an extremely hard major to break into, and Hawaii has very limited job options in this realm. Perhaps I will finish school, get a good job in the city, and eventually settle down in Hawaii. I don't want to wait!!!!!!

I've recently experienced that feeling of enchantment towards a new place and knowing that you belong there. I think you should follow your heart! Perhaps you won't be able to live in Hawaii for the next few years because of your carreer, but who knows maybe when you retire? :)

I guess it depends on what kind of job you want to have once you finish. But I think you should start researching about where it is the best place there to be close to what you want, and things like that. Other important thing speaking from experience, don't rush it. I know it is hard to wait, but it is better going with something that allow you to stay as long as you want, than going in a rush, staying a while and then having to come back because you didn't prepare enough and it didn't work out... It is really hard having to come back. As I said, start looking, even if you cannot go right now, look as if you could, that way, when you can go, you already know most of what you need to know.

I sooo want to move there when I retire in about 9 years. I've been there twice.

It's expensive though...the price of gas and even milk is a lot more than what I pay here.

I'd totally get a condo or a town-home right on the beach. Ahhhhh! :thumbsup:

Hawaii is in the top five places for me and my hubby to retire. The other four places are: Southern California (I lived my first 30 years there and miss it so!), Key West/Key Largo-any of the Keys! (We were there back in October 2014), St. Thomas, Oregon or Washington. It HAS to be right on the beach!

I hope you can move there and live your dream. It would be totally awesome, brah!

:laughingsmiley: