Nay for busted furnace and 12 inches of snow!

frozenpancakes

Sounds very cold... 8 degrees F or C?

Just bury yourself in a big pile of fuzzie blankets!

We have had the most boring winters here the last couple of years with hardly any snow, so I'm kind of jealous of the 12 inches :). I love snow!

Sounds very cold... 8 degrees F or C?

Just bury yourself in a big pile of fuzzie blankets!

We have had the most boring winters here the last couple of years with hardly any snow, so I'm kind of jealous of the 12 inches :). I love snow!

8 degrees Fahrenheit

I don't like winter very much but it's always fun to have something new happen! What's life without some unexpected events, yeah?

I'm visiting the eastern shore of Maryland, so i feel your pain!! Had to drive through +/- 6" unplowed road this morning. Yay for Subaru, nay for your busted furnace though... :-/ I'd be all about an inefficient fireplace at that point. Or if you still have power an electric space heater. If not, one of those quasi portable kerosene heater. Get some ventilation going, long johns and wool socks and you'll be fine

That stinks! I moved from Virginia to Texas in 2009 and got cooked. I then moved to NW Missouri in 2012 and I miss Virginia even more. Being near the coast helps keep the weather stable because of the Atlantic Ocean. I don't like the extreme cold and don't know what I would do if the power went out here. When my family lived on a remote beach in North Carolina the power would go out during winter storms for a day or more. We had a cast iron wood stove and a kerosene heater that supplemented the baseboard heat and saved our hides when the power went out.

I'm not sure if blankets would be enough once your temperature drops into the single digits. If you can't stay with someone or afford a hotel you can try the Red Cross. Be careful with kerosene heaters as they can be dangerous. We never burned ours unless we were at home and awake. Sleeping with one burning is high risk for carbon monoxide poisoning death. Lots of accidents occur when people try to refill them while still hot. Being cold and miserable is not good for your judgement.

Good Luck,

Laura

That stinks! I moved from Virginia to Texas in 2009 and got cooked. I then moved to NW Missouri in 2012 and I miss Virginia even more. Being near the coast helps keep the weather stable because of the Atlantic Ocean. I don't like the extreme cold and don't know what I would do if the power went out here. When my family lived on a remote beach in North Carolina the power would go out during winter storms for a day or more. We had a cast iron wood stove and a kerosene heater that supplemented the baseboard heat and saved our hides when the power went out.

I'm not sure if blankets would be enough once your temperature drops into the single digits. If you can't stay with someone or afford a hotel you can try the Red Cross. Be careful with kerosene heaters as they can be dangerous. We never burned ours unless we were at home and awake. Sleeping with one burning is high risk for carbon monoxide poisoning death. Lots of accidents occur when people try to refill them while still hot. Being cold and miserable is not good for your judgement.

Good Luck,

Laura

We ended up using electric heaters until we could get it fixed :) It's all better now!