Oops Move on the TP

NeoLover854

Sigh. I was browsing around the trading post last night when someone was clearing out their SDB with all the expensive items bundled into different trades. I saw a UB gourmet food I was needing, and, after checking the other lots of the person, noticed they were trying to sell all their items for pure. Okay, I thought, that looks like a good deal. 600k for a food I need plus some odds and end UB's. It was 600k, I offered pure on it. After they accepted I went to by inventory, put the food in my SDB until my pet was hungry enough for it, and the rest of the items in my shop since I didn't need them. Fast forward to today, when I go to restock my shop and price everything, when I notice Every. Single. Item. I bought from that person was worth about 5k a piece on the shop wizard. I just payed 600k for a gourmet food and some cheap items.

Meh. It's my fault since I didn't check the prices of anything but the food before buying, but since I checked out all their other lots, the expensive items seemed legit. It's still a dumbo move, though.

Ah well, the Charity Corner event is draining me dry anyway, what's a few more hundred thousand NP.

Aw, that sucks :(

It is kind of the reason why I have never use the TP (or well, until the Charity Corner event... with all those extremely expensive inflated items), because I really don't know anything about prices and pricing and what something's worth, I prefer using SW and buying in User Shops.

This is why I check the SSW, as well as jellyneo and I look through the TP at every. single. lot with the items I either want to sell or buy.

Tho nobody is immune from dumb moves! It happens, and hopefully you can make back the money. Sorry it happened!

Well, I think at some point every one of us does that, I can't count the times that I've bought something that I had to sell later for less, so xD My advice would be let it go and best things are yet to come :K On the plus side, you probably put a smile on that neopian :) so... Happy holidays to him I guess :santa:

Sometimes things like that can work in your favour though too. I once made an offer on a lot, there was only one item I really wanted, but when I checked the values of the other things, they were worth 4x what I paid. #winning.