How does the Beauty Contest work?

FooMama

I finally finished getting a good Pirate look for my Grarrl. I went to look to see if I could enter it into the Beauty Contest, but when I checked the contestants, it looked like they were hand drawn.

How do you enter the Beauty Contest?

I also wondered this. I assumed it was customizing your pet, but it seems like you need to draw your pet. The trouble is, do you have to draw them in what they're wearing and also some of them don't look like the best actul drawings, but good customization...so are you judged on your drawing skills or the clothes your pet is wearing in your picture?

The beauty contest is not the contest you are looking for as it places much less emphasis on the clothes your pet wears. I think that you would want to enter the Customization Contest instead. That is where players show off their pets' custom outfits. Entering your pet into that contest simply takes a screenshot of your pet and enters it into the voting pool where other players judge your pets based on their in-game appearance, no hand-drawn pictures involved at any point.

The beauty contest consists of drawing your pet, or creating an artistic likeness of your pet. This means you should draw your pet in an original style and pose that you think best represents your pet. You can draw or paint the pet with whatever material you would like. I've made digital drawings, colored pencil, and watercolor. You can choose to have them wearing clothing in your customization scheme, or not..it's your choice.

this petpage should answer any questions you have about the contest

http://www.neopets.com/~theils

you're basically judged on your drawing skill combined with your ability to advertise your entry (although advertising is the main advantage)

it's one of my favorite contests on neo, I really enjoy it :) Although it's pretty time consuming