Adver-Video not working?

CherryGrass

Hello :)

Many people suggested to me to try the Adver-Video to earn some neopoints. I click on the link on the TDN Dailies page, and have also tried it directly from neopets.

I click on 'Play' and a new window pops up, so I click 'watch a video' and then 'start video'.

The screen goes dim and a little buffer thing pops up near the corner of the page, then disappears. But the page stays dim and doesn't show anything else. The 'End game' button doesn't work either.

Is there anything I can do to solve this problem? I've tried refreshing, turning off adblock & I've tried several times today at different times and it never works.

Here's a picture of the dimmed page:

http://imgur.com/k1MwJwN

Thanks for any help :)

The "dimmed" look is normal for that now. The Adver-Video has changed from what it used to be. A few years ago, when you clicked it, it would play an advertisement video (as the name suggests) usually promoting kid foods, toys, or a new movie. Now, it doesn't play those ad videos any more. (Maybe Neopets stopped trying to find sponsors for that, I'm not sure). You actually don't "play" it as a game either. Just click "Start Video" and watch the gray line advance on the bottom below what looks like a video player. When that is done (should only take a few seconds) click the Spin bar. See the numbers at the right? You will get whatever amount it lands on, from 100 to 800 NP. Be sure to play it once at a time, and refresh your page, to see if the points counted, because sometimes it doesn't work. Back then you could play all five in a row. Now it is hit or miss and only works when it works. :rolleyes_anim:

I have problems with it also. Usually, I have to refresh somewhere between 5-15 times before the "video player" will actually load so I will get credit for watching a video. It's frustrating, but I still do it daily.