How do I find the worth of an item if I can't locate it being sold or traded anywhere?

yesadnil

You're right! Sorry for being a derp.

But bad example--how about something like Terry Berry? I can't find that anywhere. =/

Jellyneo's item database has that listed at 300k as of july 29. They're not always 100% accurate on prices, but it's usually a good place to look to at least get an idea of how much its worth, if you can't find it anywhere else. You could also try the trading boards to see how much someone would pay for it.

Item values in Neopets depend solely upon how much people are willing to pay for it. The game does not stop players from selling valuables like Draik Eggs for 50k, but of course, sellers are out for the biggest profit they can conveniently get.

When dealing with really rare items with unestablished prices, sellers generally wait out on offers for more neopoints. The right time to sell is when no one else is willing to beat the highest bid. If the item appears on the Neopets Market enough, then enough "high bids" have been made by players for the community to confidently assign a price to that item.

However, in your case, you should advertise your gallery items as much as possible and be patient. Give time for the Neopets community (and senpai :rolleyes_anim: ) to notice your trades and you will eventually find the highest offers Neopians are willing to buy your items at.

I would say consulting third party item databases is your best bet. Try Jellyneo as mentioned, or [Removed]. Worth keeping in mind that prices will not necessarily be accurate but in the ballpark of the actual price.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Ruto) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Do not link to known cheat sites.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I usually go by JN's item database. I'll Neomail them and ask them about an offer that's around the mentioned price. If they don't agree with it, we'll haggle on it.

Remember to keep checking the Trading Post and Auction. Just because it's not there when you search for it, that doesn't mean it won't pop up again latter. (It's happened many times for stamps with me.)