Need comfort

November_Scorpio

So... I just need to talk and let off steam. My best friend's dad died today. But we practically lived at each other's houses, so I knew her dad really well. He died while taking a nap, but we don't know how. But what happened for me was I got home from school, and I got this text from my friend saying "come over right now, I need a hug". She is not a touchy feely person so I ran over to her house, and when I got there all she said was "My dad's gone". This hit me really hard, because he was like my second dad.

To make matters worse, she has four younger siblings, and her mom is completely distraught. I just don't know what to do. I told her if she needs anything, even if its just to watch a movie and eat oreos at 2 AM that she can come over and we'll do it. It hasn't really hit us yet, though. It's just the first time any of us have lost someone really close to us, so we both can't really process it. Anyway, it's just weird.

Losing someone is always very hard. That being said, staying strong and staying together is the best thing you can do. People grieve differently, but you can't let that keep you from your responsibilities. I have days where I can't keep it together and just break down too. It's like a brick wall when it finally sinks in, but maybe your best friend's dad had something internal going on that no one knew about. Going in your sleep is the way my grandmother went a long time ago. Time will ease the pain on down the road.

I give you and your best friend my condolences for your loss. Try to remember the good times, and remember that he is in a better place now. That's easier said than done, but know you have all of us here at TDNF behind you.

Sending you love and lots of hugs and light! - Angel xx

I am so sorry. I have can't imagine what you must be going through & I don't know what to say but I think you did the most you can for your friend. If you need advice or anything, don't hesitate to ask.

I am so sorry for your loss <3

sometimes virtual hugs just arent enough ... but (((hugs)))

Losing someone is so hard but losing them unexpectedly adds shock which really makes it harder for everyone. I hope you can all find strength from one another, at least he has passed on and will not be in any pain. It is those who are left behind that will suffer now, its time to care for one another and allow others to help you too, that is the way forward

take care .. , some days will be better than others and some days it will feel so new that you just think its too much to bear but you will wake up another day and it wont be as close and as raw and you will be ok, I lost my mum suddenly, it gets easier I promise in time XXX

• 2 weeks later...