Random NeoFriend Requests from Disabled Accounts

bradsmaroo

I wasn't quite sure where to post this and also couldn't find a similar topic (sorry if this has been brought up by someone else) but this past week I've been getting odd neofriend requests. When I check their user look up, the account has been disabled. The request is max 12 hours old. I find it troubling that someone would create an account, neofriend me, then deactivate it. Has this happened to anyone else? I'm assuming it's some scammer/hacker/bot tactic, but haven't seen any info about it elsewhere.

My guild said that the reason why they don't exist is because they would have originally had not-allowed links or pictures on the userlookup, so TNT freezes them pretty quickly, so by the time you go to check who added you, they've already gone.

Like others have said, just getting an add and even searching for the name should be fine, even if it is a little annoying.

I've gotten six, they're like similar sounding usernames for the most part right? I was about to submit a ticket because I was scared for my account. I feel a little less worried knowing it's not just me that's being targeted.