Returning oldie

Guest awkwardnormalcy

Guest awkwardnormalcy

Greetings all! My name is Keri I have recently returned to Neopets (username is Awkwardnormalcy if you want to add me) I played Neopets way back when I just discovered the interwebs (when I was like 12) pre advertisements(except a few games), precustomization, preneocash (so I signed up again and was like "Dresses for my pets? Whaaat?" and I recently got hit with a wave of nostalgia and have signed back up.

So any tips and tricks to offer the returning player? It's awesome there is a huge community, and I love this site, it has awesome info on games and those weird things around Neopia like the Symol Hole.

So anyway, Happy to be here, looking forward to making new friends~ helping when I can and having awesome discussions.

Question for anyone like me who has returned or just has been playing for a vera long time: What do you think Neopets has really improved on in the last few years or what do you think has declined about it?

EDIT: I guess I should put something non Neo related since it's my intro. I love to read(urban fantasy is my favorite genre), play video games (currently playing through AC4), I loves my dog (mutt), my cat, writing my novel, reading fanfiction and science fiction movies/shows. My favorite TV shows are Supernatural, Firefly and Once Upon A Time.

Edited by awkwardnormalcy

Welcome back to Neopets! And, also, welcome to the TDN Forums! :happydance: It's a nice plade to be and I'm glad you found your way here. Everyone is very nice and helpful, so don't hesitate to ask any questions. ;)

Sad to say, you just missed out on the Altador Cup! It ended a few weeks ago. :sad01_anim:

I don't think anything about Neopets has changed... much. I'm not that long of a Neopets player, so nothing really has changed for me. :mellow:

And the only tips I have are to do your dailies and play games. LOTS of games. Lol, I guess I'm not a very good advice-giver. :P

Also, if you'd like, you could join a Cutomization Contest right in these very forums. The contest is held by . Here is the link: http://www.tdnforums.com/index.php?/topic/41284-customization-contest/

Guest awkwardnormalcy

Thank you for the welcome! I'm sure another event will roll around soon I can participate in~ the first day I signed back up for Neopets I tried to find their official app on the Play Store and was surprised that there isn't one. For serious Neopets, get with the times :P

Oh wow you have a not of avatars! OR is that alot? I don't even know anymore.

For being 4 months old, it's quite a bit, Totu's avatar count that is. The NeoAvatars section of TDN has all of the avatars listed and how to obtain them. It's VERY helpful if you want a jump start on your avatar count. Also, at 4 months NeoPets account age and so many posts on TDNF you can sign up for the avatar lending program (ALP for short), which is also very helpful.

Welcome back to NeoPets ^__^ and welcome to TDNF!

Hi there! :D As a fellow returning player after being on a break for ages, I welcome you back to Neo as well. My tips would probably include TDN's Dailies list and looking up guides/articles on there if there's anything very new to you. I remember the site before Neocash and Customisation too, and I think things have changed quite a bit. Some old junk/gross food is now worth a lot because of a new daily, and there's so much more content now. :D

Guest awkwardnormalcy

Hi there! :D As a fellow returning player after being on a break for ages, I welcome you back to Neo as well. My tips would probably include TDN's Dailies list and looking up guides/articles on there if there's anything very new to you. I remember the site before Neocash and Customisation too, and I think things have changed quite a bit. Some old junk/gross food is now worth a lot because of a new daily, and there's so much more content now. :D

I'm so glad there is a apparently a large group of non-preteens here so I don't feel as weird XD. I love the dailies, I even have an app for easy acccess (It's not official but it works pretty well and I got it from the play store). Personally I actually really enjoy flash games but those *^(*$ adds keep making my game freeze, makes me want to throw something at it. I don't remember them being this intrusive, or am I just remembering with nostalgia tinted glasses? What daily is it that makes those valuable?

May I add you as a neofriend? I won't ask you for things, but I will totally help your habitarium if you have one :3

For being 4 months old, it's quite a bit, Totu's avatar count that is. The NeoAvatars section of TDN has all of the avatars listed and how to obtain them. It's VERY helpful if you want a jump start on your avatar count. Also, at 4 months NeoPets account age and so many posts on TDNF you can sign up for the avatar lending program (ALP for short), which is also very helpful.

Welcome back to NeoPets ^__^ and welcome to TDNF!

I feel like I got sucked into the avatar world before and it's dangerous! So many NP and time! I haven't decided what I want to collect yet, but thank you for the tips, the lending program sounds awesome!

Thank you for the welcome! May I add you as a neofriend, I won't beg/bug you but I will for sure help your habitarium if you have one (my new obsession!).

Welcome! I have been playing for a little over 14 years, I stopped playing about 6 years ago and started up again a year or so ago, I don't think I will stop anytime soon! :nerd:

One of the first things I did when I got back was create a side account, after seeing all the awesome pets you can have I knew I wanted more than 4-5. You can read about the do's and don'ts of side accounts here: http://thedailyneopets.com/articles/multiple-accounts

Also the games. Play lots of the games, but it sounds like you are already doing that, KeyQuest is an awesome way to make a decent amount of neopoints for a new account. While some prizes aren't that great you can usually count on getting a few codestones if you play 10x a day. I usally play until I have 10 gold keys and I ignore the silver and bronze keys. I think I have like 87 silver keys just sitting there haha. (:

I don't use an app for my dailies, I didn't know there was one, I just made a folder on my browser and open all the tabs at once. I play habi daily if you want to add me and I will help you out with that as well.

Collecting is fun, I'm currently working on my horror movie themed gallery now. :axehead:

Wow I think this is the longest reply I have ever had to the intros, lol, sorry I have only had human interaction with a 3 yearold today. It makes me a little eager for adult talk. :dance:

Guest awkwardnormalcy

Welcome! I have been playing for a little over 14 years, I stopped playing about 6 years ago and started up again a year or so ago, I don't think I will stop anytime soon! :nerd:

One of the first things I did when I got back was create a side account, after seeing all the awesome pets you can have I knew I wanted more than 4-5. You can read about the do's and don'ts of side accounts here: http://thedailyneopets.com/articles/multiple-accounts

Also the games. Play lots of the games, but it sounds like you are already doing that, KeyQuest is an awesome way to make a decent amount of neopoints for a new account. While some prizes aren't that great you can usually count on getting a few codestones if you play 10x a day. I usally play until I have 10 gold keys and I ignore the silver and bronze keys. I think I have like 87 silver keys just sitting there haha. (:

I don't use an app for my dailies, I didn't know there was one, I just made a folder on my browser and open all the tabs at once. I play habi daily if you want to add me and I will help you out with that as well.

Collecting is fun, I'm currently working on my horror movie themed gallery now. :axehead:

Wow I think this is the longest reply I have ever had to the intros, lol, sorry I have only had human interaction with a 3 yearold today. It makes me a little eager for adult talk. :dance:

I have three pets now, two of which are adopted and the first I created (with a name that definitely shows I read a lot of fantasy novels) I don't really see myself wanting more. Even when I was playing hardcore when I was like 12 I never even wanted to paint my pets (well, a little but it wasn't worth the NP) I took a look at Keyquest and it looked ridiculously complicated and time consuming.

I just discovered Habitariums though and I think it is going to be my new obsession, I'm developing a thing for city builders and the like.

Dude I need to see your gallery, that sounds awesome. Is it weird I'm kind of jealous you got to be around kids? I had to work on the 4th so I missed the gathering and the childrens, and my husband is sitting beside telling stories of the kidlets.

Edit: YOU HAVE THE MOST AWESOME NP USERNAME. Dude. For serious.

I have three pets now, two of which are adopted and the first I created (with a name that definitely shows I read a lot of fantasy novels) I don't really see myself wanting more. Even when I was playing hardcore when I was like 12 I never even wanted to paint my pets (well, a little but it wasn't worth the NP) I took a look at Keyquest and it looked ridiculously complicated and time consuming.

I just discovered Habitariums though and I think it is going to be my new obsession, I'm developing a thing for city builders and the like.

Dude I need to see your gallery, that sounds awesome. Is it weird I'm kind of jealous you got to be around kids? I had to work on the 4th so I missed the gathering and the childrens, and my husband is sitting beside telling stories of the kidlets.

Edit: YOU HAVE THE MOST AWESOME NP USERNAME. Dude. For serious.

haha, KeyQuest is actually pretty simple, its a board game and you just collect the keys and their are a few mini games. But the games usually last 10-20 minutes.

My gallery is just getting started so its not quite ready for showing, but I have a post about it on the forum if you want to see some of the items and why they will be in the gallery.

Also thank you, when I created this account I was 16 and madly in love with all things Kathleen Hannah... still am actually.

I'm so glad there is a apparently a large group of non-preteens here so I don't feel as weird XD. I love the dailies, I even have an app for easy acccess (It's not official but it works pretty well and I got it from the play store). Personally I actually really enjoy flash games but those *^(*$ adds keep making my game freeze, makes me want to throw something at it. I don't remember them being this intrusive, or am I just remembering with nostalgia tinted glasses? What daily is it that makes those valuable?

May I add you as a neofriend? I won't ask you for things, but I will totally help your habitarium if you have one :3

Sure! Go on ahead and add me. I'm happy that you asked first, because a random NF request just makes me go "What?".

I have Adblock on, so the ads aren't really bothering me. I don't remember there being any ads before the revamp. The daily that's made some junk items valuable is called "The Coincidence." In exchange for a few items, the Lutari scientist will let you use the Random Events Machine. The RE can be anything, but the ones I've mostly gotten are pretty useless. -_-