Just need a good old rant.

caleew

I (kinda) understand how you feel! Stress and a huge work load just impact each other so much. Have you tried different ways to relax to see if that helps you fall asleep? Hot bath/shower, hot drink, lavender oils, relaxing music, those sorts of things?

I sooo feel your pain! I have terrible problems with stress and anxiety as well. I know exactly how you feel :/ I actually removed all the clocks from my room so that I can't see the time when I'm trying to fall asleep. Looking up and seeing hours go past makes it even more stressful when you have to get up in the morning and be productive.

This sounds corny...but I actually bought a yoga instructional DVD that I use before bed every night. There's a targeted routine for "letting go of the day" that really helps me. It's only 20 minutes too which is nice. :) Reading can be helpful as well... I find that if I'm on the computer late at night I will neverrrr get to sleep

I sooo feel your pain! I have terrible problems with stress and anxiety as well. I know exactly how you feel :/ I actually removed all the clocks from my room so that I can't see the time when I'm trying to fall asleep. Looking up and seeing hours go past makes it even more stressful when you have to get up in the morning and be productive.

This sounds corny...but I actually bought a yoga instructional DVD that I use before bed every night. There's a targeted routine for "letting go of the day" that really helps me. It's only 20 minutes too which is nice. :) Reading can be helpful as well... I find that if I'm on the computer late at night I will neverrrr get to sleep

Yeah!

I'm the same, once I cut out internet before bedtime I can sleep so much easier.

I also am a yoga before bed person, I started about 3 months ago, and it has helped.

If I want to wind down before actually falling asleep I'll listen to audio books, so that I can turn the lights off.

Guest Sabs

Aw, so sorry you are stressed and can't sleep well! I've been feeling this way for the last couple of days with recent events. It doesn't seem like there's enough time in the day. Sometimes I drink some Chamomile tea to relax me. I'm usually a zombie, and I stay up pretty late into the am.

Shelley- You are right about being on the computer late at night. I had the tendency to take my laptop to bed with me, so I'll relax more while working on things. That was a huge mistake. lol When it is time for bed, everything gets shutdown or turned off.

Other people have hit the nail on the head already. Holding onto the stresses of the day isn't healthy and keeps you from falling into a peaceful sleep. Avoiding electronics that tend to overstimulate the mind helps, such as cell phones and laptops. Exercise is a big thing for me, it helps me blow off steam. I run in the mornings and in the night if I have time after 14 hour work days. Yoga used to really center me and help me let go of the mental buzz that kept me awake at night.

While I say all of this, however, I am sitting up as a stressed insomniac, too. =P But I think I just want to try to fit my Neo addiction in a day with not enough hours is the real problem tonight.

Other suggests are to spend some time with nature, animals, etc. I "earth" by letting my bare feet touch the ground outside, feeling the grass and soil. There is some sort of science in the magnetism that is supposedly good for you and helps you feel better. I read about it a long time ago when looking for natural remedies for stress and anxiety, and there is something about my feet touching the bare ground that does really feel good.

Also a long, hot bath with the windows open if the temperature is good helps, or opening the windows at night if there is rain. But the bottom line is you gotta shut up all those voices in your head that are saying this or that or wishing that or this or telling you how you should have done something. They're healthy in moderation but ya still gotta get your sleep!

I'm thinking of starting yoga, or a hot shower and drink routine, because I'm starting to get really mean :/ I used to get like this at school - not sleep til 4am, be up at half 6, and do it again the next night. I'm hoping after the next few days I'll be good again - my inlaws are coming to stay, and I am not the clean freak they want me to be, so everything is basically being bleached, dusted, the whole shabang D: