Habitarium - no soldiers!

Azurablue

Hi, everyone!

So, here I am, trying this game out for the first time and I just hit level 10. Since I don't know what I'm doing, I thought to only build one nest and two houses. I was doing okay, just a bit slow for my tastes, when suddenly all of my soldiers died off. Every. Single. One. I have three nesters and one worker. Pests are ramped up like crazy now and I can't seem to get anything but nesters now.

What do I do? *panic*

(PS: I have no NeoFriends, so that's not an option.)

Your nesters need to be placed on a nest so that they can make eggs. The eggs will be one of the three options, Nester, Soldier, and Worker. Your P3s die off every 7 days, sometimes less, if you do not take care of them well enough.

It is random and you cannot ask others to send you any eggs, you have to make them yourself.

My suggestion would be to have 3 nesters, one of each species, then then a few soldiers and a few workers.

The workers should always be getting wood, mud, or stone.

The nesters should always be nesting so that you can collect more eggs.

Make sure you upgrade your nests to the next levels when they become available.

I had a similar issue when I started Habi. I thought the worker/nester/solider ratio would be about even but I ended up with very few workers. Now, I always leave one petpetpet space open from the max population so I can see what an egg will hatch into. This way I can decide which eggs to store in inventory, hatch, or discard for experience points.

p.s. I didn't have neofriends to help with Habi until after I reached level 50. lol Also, people can't send eggs in the game.

Definitely keep your nesters going all the time. Eventually you'll get a soldier. I read somewhere that you'll tend to get roughly two nesters per one soldier and one worker, so if that's true then it doesn't surprise me that you're getting mostly nesters so far. Just keep at it. :)

And even once you get your soldiers, keep your nesters going! When I first started I used mine to harvest resources alongside my workers when I didn't need eggs, but I've found it's much better to have them nesting. Not only do they harvest slow, making them less useful for that, but you can discard eggs for 200xp each if you don't need them. I keep one page of each type in my item bag (9 pages with 15 eggs each) so I always have enough to replace the ones that die, and discard the rest. It takes a while to harvest all those eggs, but you'll be glad when you get higher leveled and have a lot of P3s that die all at once. Then once you use an egg, make a note to harvest more of that type to replace it.

When I first started I used mine to harvest resources alongside my workers when I didn't need eggs, but I've found it's much better to have them nesting. Not only do they harvest slow, making them less useful for that, but you can discard eggs for 200xp each if you don't need them. I keep one page of each type in my item bag (9 pages with 15 eggs each) so I always have enough to replace the ones that die, and discard the rest. It takes a while to harvest all those eggs, but you'll be glad when you get higher leveled and have a lot of P3s that die all at once. Then once you use an egg, make a note to harvest more of that type to replace it.

Discard??? OMG.... I don't think I can do that. I know it's really stupid, but they're... well.... Okay. It really is stupid to get attached. I guess it's because I can't have pets and dearly want to. :sad02:

Thanks, everyone. I guess I'll just have to hope for the best. Only one nest is pretty bad. I know better now and would do things so differently, but apparently, there's no way to restart the game until after you hit level 50. That just rots. Not sure why I have no problem with hitting a restart button and wiping the game out, but can't discard a single egg..... I'm just nuts, I guess. *LOL* (:

I guess the only other question I would have is how do I get more resources? I just can't seem to gather enough wood and mud fast enough to build anything besides my two houses, one nest and one storage unit. I can't seem to get more than seven P3s at once. If having them forage is the only way, this is going to be one very long haul. IF the pests don't kill them off first. :sad01_anim:

Thanks! :laughingsmiley:

Discard??? OMG.... I don't think I can do that. I know it's really stupid, but they're... well.... Okay. It really is stupid to get attached. I guess it's because I can't have pets and dearly want to. :sad02:

Thanks, everyone. I guess I'll just have to hope for the best. Only one nest is pretty bad. I know better now and would do things so differently, but apparently, there's no way to restart the game until after you hit level 50. That just rots. Not sure why I have no problem with hitting a restart button and wiping the game out, but can't discard a single egg..... I'm just nuts, I guess. *LOL* (:

I guess the only other question I would have is how do I get more resources? I just can't seem to gather enough wood and mud fast enough to build anything besides my two houses, one nest and one storage unit. I can't seem to get more than seven P3s at once. If having them forage is the only way, this is going to be one very long haul. IF the pests don't kill them off first. :sad01_anim:

Thanks! :laughingsmiley:

Resources: Are your workers boxed in at a resource spot? You gather more resources that way because they won't have to travel to the tree storages. You can buy items to box in your workers in the "decorations" tab after you click on the shopping bag icon.

What do you mean by restart? If you go on a hiatus from Habi, the petpetpets will die and you're given 3 petpetpets, one for each job.

Discarding eggs isn't too bad, it only takes two clicks. If you don't discard, you'll have pages of eggs and it'll be harder to search your storage bag for the right petpetpet and occupation you want.

You can do it! It seems counter-intuitive to actually get rid of eggs, but you'll get to where you just have so many that there's no point keeping them all. And hey, in real life, we EAT eggs. Just crack the poor things open, fry 'em up, and eat them. Giving them away intact isn't so bad compared to that, right? :P

I agree with tomeander's suggestion to box them in with buildings and decorations. I didn't think to do that for a lonnnng time because I wasn't really reading guides or anything. I had to be somewhere past level 20, even. Anyway, it's much more efficient because, as she said, they don't have to walk to the storages anymore. Decorations are cheap compared to buildings, and you'll even get some random ones as gifts as you level up.

As you get more space to hold more P3s, you'll have room for more workers and you'll gain resources faster. For now it probably does feel pretty slow, though, I'm sure. Just keep at it, it gets easier. You'll actually start having my problem, which is that I can't hold any more and don't really have a need to spend it on buildings. I'm building things just for the sake of wasting resources so I can collect more!

Been forgetting to come back here to look at comments, sorry. (oh drat.. there's no smiley for "stupid".)

Well, the worst has come to pass. I'm on level 10 and I have one nester left. The enemies keep coming hard and fast and taking out every little P3 I have. All my buildings (except the one nest I have) are toast. How are you supposed to function this way? In any other game, you'd be told "YOU DIED" and get to begin again with your head hung in shame that you were such a loser. :P That would be preferrable to this living death. (Do I sound just a little bit discouraged?) I have my larnikin nester sitting on the only remaining building left intact by the last wave of invading pests: the nest. My resources are what I understand to be rather pathetic, though I think I have enough to build one more nest.

@tomeander: I had to leave Habi for a couple of days and yes, all of the P3s died and left me nice little blue gems. The game saw that I had no P3s left and gave me a single nester. That was all. Not 3, one for each job. If the game had done so, I would be in a much better place than I am now. :) As for restart button, what I meant was a chance to start over from level one instead of being in the mess I'm in now. This is like starting over from scratch, only on a very hard setting. As a total newbie, that seems a bit harsh. If other NeoPet game allow for a do-over, why doesn't Habi? :weird: :questionmark:

Suggestions anyone?

UPDATE: nope. Not enough mud for a new nest. I'm over 300 short.

I don't know if you have any food out, but if you do put it away because it will attract pests. Some players recommend having it out for that very reason, so you can get exp for killing them, but for now it's just going to make the game harder.

Soldiers and workers can repair buildings, so nest until you get some and then put them to work on that. If a P3 gets injured and their health is low, put them in a house to recharge and they'll be good as new in no time.

All you can really do right now is keep nesting and try to slowly rebuild your population. It'll take an hour or two for each new egg to incubate, so keep checking back every so often to hatch them. At that pace it'll be a few days before you're back running at something close to full capacity, but it can be done. I had to start over, too, after giving up and taking a really long hiatus, so I know your pain.

Also be sure to harvest any eggs you don't hatch for right now (like if you have a ton of nesters and want to have room for workers and soldiers), because you can use them later when your little dudes inevitably die. Then you don't have to rebuild, you get to just hatch some and pick up where you left off.

My suggestion is to just let them all die off and really start over again. As said before it takes roughly 7 days for all your p3s to die and give you crystals, and then they are replaced with one of each of the p3s.

Start nesting immediately, that's pretty much the #1 priority in habi. Always be incubating eggs, eventually your population will stabilize. Set one worker to start harvesting your greatest necessity to build more nests and set the soldier to rebuild any damaged buildings (like nests xD). It will get easier I promise!

The best thing about habi in my opinion is that you never "restart" from level one, you just pick up where you stopped (which is awesome for me, because my computer has a slow video card and cannot process habi at all) and just keep gaining experience until you turn 50.

Been forgetting to come back here to look at comments, sorry. (oh drat.. there's no smiley for "stupid".)

Well, the worst has come to pass. I'm on level 10 and I have one nester left. The enemies keep coming hard and fast and taking out every little P3 I have. All my buildings (except the one nest I have) are toast. How are you supposed to function this way? In any other game, you'd be told "YOU DIED" and get to begin again with your head hung in shame that you were such a loser. :P That would be preferrable to this living death. (Do I sound just a little bit discouraged?) I have my larnikin nester sitting on the only remaining building left intact by the last wave of invading pests: the nest. My resources are what I understand to be rather pathetic, though I think I have enough to build one more nest.

@tomeander: I had to leave Habi for a couple of days and yes, all of the P3s died and left me nice little blue gems. The game saw that I had no P3s left and gave me a single nester. That was all. Not 3, one for each job. If the game had done so, I would be in a much better place than I am now. :) As for restart button, what I meant was a chance to start over from level one instead of being in the mess I'm in now. This is like starting over from scratch, only on a very hard setting. As a total newbie, that seems a bit harsh. If other NeoPet game allow for a do-over, why doesn't Habi? :weird: :questionmark:

Suggestions anyone?

UPDATE: nope. Not enough mud for a new nest. I'm over 300 short.

My mistake, I was thinking about what happens if I leave Habi for a few days on level 50.

At level 10, the max population is 16? I think a pretty good ratio at that level is 1-2 soldiers, 3-4 nesters, and 11-12 workers. If you have single nester now, start hatching eggs for the nester/solider/workers you want and collecting eggs in your bag as well. Nests at level 1 take about an hour for eggs to incubate before they can be hatched.

Thanks, everyone. All your suggestions have been awesome. I feel a bit more confident now about what to do.

I've carefully read through all this and will do my best to try and get myself out of this hole. :laughingsmiley:

*crossing fingers that I get more soldiers soon*