Are toolbars cheating?

cartoon_dreamer

Is using a browser toolbar to keep track of daily events (snowager, turmaculus, etc) considered a freezable offence by TNT?

Another poster on TDN commented on another thread about being frozen for using the tarla toolbar (The one that tracks when she comes online).

I haven't found one yet (right now I just check TDN dailies page super regularly) but I'd like to know that I won't get into trouble if I do search and install one.

Thanks!

The old Tarla's toolbar doesn't work with any current browsers (as far as I know), but it was issued by TNT, so I can't imagine getting frozen for that.

Anything that's out now, yes, I can see where that would be considered cheating. (Crazy, but sometimes when it comes to TNT, cautious is better.)

Besides, I seem to have an easier time checking on Tarla when I get the notification from here than I ever did when the TNT-approved bar was working.

Now, I can't speak for the Tarla alert feature (I could have sworn that toolbar was distributed by Neopets, I used it myself way back when, and I rather doubt it works properly on any current browser), but for the dailies part: That should be fine. Using a toolbar for dailies would be roughly the same as using TDN's dailies page, just in a different format.

It should be noted, however, that as there is no longer a TNT-made toolbar it would be a bad idea to mention or advertise it on Neopets. They may have banned timeline for that as opposed to just having a toolbar.

Now, I can't speak for the Tarla alert feature (I could have sworn that toolbar was distributed by Neopets, I used it myself way back when, and I rather doubt it works properly on any current browser), but for the dailies part: That should be fine. Using a toolbar for dailies would be roughly the same as using TDN's dailies page, just in a different format.

Premium members have access to a dailies "toolbar" of sorts right on the site so I agree with anime - that aspect of it can't possibly be an issue.

Agreed on the Tarla toolbar being originally issued by TNT. I remember having it and never catching Tarla haha. I would honestly just stick to a list of dailies instead of toolbars, as I can see how TNT might consider toolbars an "unfair advantage."