Lab Pet Customization Help?

So, I recently decided to get a permanent lab ray pet, but compared to my other two pets, he's boring as heck. The other two have full (or, at least, full-looking) customs with background and everything, and my lab pet's got nothing really going on.

So, does any have suggestions for how to customize a lab ray pet? I tried playng around on Dress to Impress and didn't get too far other than finding the NC Lab Ray background (and I'd prefer mostly NP items for the sake of my irl wallet), and just sort of got frustrated, so I figured I'd ask you guys.

The lab pet is currently a Blue Elephante, but he's gonna be converted into a Mutant Meerca by the time I get a transmog potion, and maybe something else entirely even sooner if the ray zaps him into something, so feel free to use whatever species as a base, I'm more interested in building the ambiance around them than their own outfit (although accessories that can be worn by almost all species are totally usable too)! Any suggestions would be rad, I'm kind of at a complete loss.

@Snowbell: I'm thinking more a sciency/dark vibe thing so it looks like a "lab pet," but that was actually a really pretty custom and I might need to consider getting a couple of those items for my closet, haha

@Cartoon_Dreamer: I didn't, unfortunately, I started playing around two days after the quest ended; however, I do like the coincidence background as a solid choice for a lab-type thing, I may have to get one! Thanks~

@Snowbell: I'm thinking more a sciency/dark vibe thing so it looks like a "lab pet," but that was actually a really pretty custom and I might need to consider getting a couple of those items for my closet, haha

@Cartoon_Dreamer: I didn't, unfortunately, I started playing around two days after the quest ended; however, I do like the coincidence background as a solid choice for a lab-type thing, I may have to get one! Thanks~

there is a haunted laboratory background you might be interested in.

I've loved that background since it came out (I want it for my grey pet!), but its 500k+ and the foreground is 250k+, two of the most expensive wearables.

and those wings are literally the most expensive NP wearable (20mil).

You have very expensive taste. :P

Oh MAN that foreground and background are awesome, but I'm afraid that 750k is a tad out of my range for the moment, haha

The haunted lab background looks like a solid NP background option for a while, though, so I might have to pick up one of those for myself!

I really like cartoon dreamer's suggestions! I think she's pretty on point with cheap options for the look you're going for :) Some other items that I use ALL the time are the strange mists. There's red, green, yellow, and blue strange mists, I use them because they can go with many customization themes, and they're pretty cheap..

this is "Strange Green Mist Foreground"

gif_greenmistfg.gif

Hm... I suppose I wasn't too inspired while doing these customizations, so they focus more on clothing items than on backgrounds, which could prove to be a problem if you end up with e. g. a mutant pet. Hope you like them anyway. ;)

BQ7iy92.pngaZ0rIGO.png2KJGgwq.png3jf1ZEh.png

I used three neocash items (Dark Faerie Magic Effect, Dark Battle Armour, Battle Scar Marking), but they're of course not necessary in order to achieve a great look! Of the neopoint items I used you could always exchange Igneots Fire Flower to the Fiery Carved Torch (both are really cheap, so it's just a matter of preference here). Also, the Dripping Toy Slime Gun is animated, whereas the Toy Slime Gun is not (the animated one is ca 5 times as expensive).

Well, have fun customizing and hope your pet gets zapped to something you like! ;)

I've looked through all the rad stuff you guys picked out, and I'm thinking I might do something like this:

http://impress.openneo.net/outfits/682759

Very sci-fi creepy and generally applicable to the majority of pets I could zap up, I think it might be pretty decent? Lemme know what you guys think~~

I've looked through all the rad stuff you guys picked out, and I'm thinking I might do something like this:

Very sci-fi creepy and generally applicable to the majority of pets I could zap up, I think it might be pretty decent? Lemme know what you guys think~~

Rad outfit! ;) It sure will look good on most pets ...and if your pet is zapped mutant it might look like if some alien specimen is wreaking havoc on the space station. :D

This looks really awesome!! I like it a lot! definitely has that lab rat/mad scientist look ;)

Love the sci-fi creepy (I might have to use those words to describe more things from now on) idea. I might do something similar with my lab pet :)