Laptop has won't come back on after sleeping.

lleahdoll

• Computer brand and model : Toshiba Satellite L645D-S4025

Operating system: Windows 7

So a bit more than a week ago, I close my laptop like normal. It usually goes to sleep,

The next time I open it, the power light goes from orange to blue like normal but then it did nothing. The screen stayed black.

I then proceeded to do a hard reset but it took hours to get it to actually turn on (multiple hard resets).

The other day I decided to try and manually put it into hibernation before closing my laptop. Next time I got on and opened my laptop it powered up fine.

Already tried disabling sleep mode, and it did nothing. (I turned it off instead of letting it go into sleep/hibernate and it still had trouble turning on.)

(ignore the typo in my title -_-)

that is correct. Stand by = sleep?

I can get it back on but it consists of multiple hard resets and Idk what makes it turn back on but it will eventually.

Luckily I figured out that if I put it into hibernate it will turn on normally.

Right, sleep, my bad.

Could be a whole assortment of issues. You should try taking a look at:-

1. Event Viewer - See if any Critical failures occur during boot
  2. S.M.A.R.T. HDD Test - See if your HDD is failing
  3. Check your HDD for errors - Will fix any errors if found, long process
  4. Ensure that your laptop is up to date with Windows Update
  5. Ensure that you have the latest BIOS version - Toshiba's latest BIOS version for the L645D is 2.20 released 2012-06-28 (if unsure check with Toshiba support)
  6. and if the above doesn't solve your issue, you may want to try reformatting your laptop.

Let me know if you're seeing any error messages, BSOD (Blue Screen of Death), etc.

Toshiba Canada Support is available here.

I would say it's something to do with your on-board graphics card, when my laptop died after 2 years of owning it (was a $1600 gaming laptop >.>) it was pitching fits like that. And when it WOULD come on and I tried to do something with minimal graphic activity it would just go black on me again. You could tell it was on, just black.

I will check all those things right now!

I was having ATI warning about my graphics driver but I thought it was because of interference with my Android emulator (Bluestacks).

After I started having these problems I uninstalled and re-installed the graphics drive from AMD's website.

Mine works fine when it's actually ON. I mean besides normal slowing down from being 3 1/2 years old and slow internet speed.

How do I check that in the Event Viewer?

SO I downloaded the CrystalDiskInfo and it says "CAUTION"
Idk what any of this information in this program means..

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please don't post multiple times in a row. If you would like to add something and your own post is the most recent, use the 'Edit' button.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Yes! It says "Reallocated sectors count". I googled that because I'm not THAT computer savvy and a lot of people said reallocated sectors are normal, you just have to keep an eye on the raw value. But that is the item on CrystalDiskInfo that was yellow (Caution)

Weird... so I updated the BIOS and once the computer turned back on after updating, the wireless light on the front turned orange.... I can't remember when it was last orange bc it wasn't like that before. Maybe it's fixed now?! :O