Altrador quest help

aquaabb

Hey guys

so i have been going through the altrador quest and i have made it up to the gears component of the hunter quest and i have run into a bit of a problem.

acording to the manuals i should record the amount of notches each gear moves the slide left or right (which i did) and find wich gears go up 4 5 and 6 notches to the right and stick a rock in each of them to complete the component (which i did).

now here lies the problem, say i am working with the first three grears of the top row, 1,2 and 3 and their values are 4, -2 and 5 if i put one rock in a gear at a time (only use one of the three rocks to see what each of the gears are valued just to be clear). now say that i do this again and only use 2 rocks, i put one in gear 1 and one in gear 2, how ever rather than adding the scores of the two gears like it is supose to (4 + -2 = 2) the gears change values e.g gear 1 goes from a value of 4 to a value of -5 and gear 2 gos to -3. the same thing occurs again if i use three stones where the values again change. there is no ryme or reason or pattern that i can see to how the values change.

i have tryed to contact neopets through the help link but it will not let me open it and i have been trying different combinations for hours, this is driving me nutts.

just to be clear, i have tryed clearing the internet cache, loging out and back in, and opening up neopets on a different browser