Rubbish avatar

agrinwithoutacat

Not sure if this goes in Help or General, but here goes:

Any tips on getting the Rubbish avatar? Did you buy a bunch of 1np junk items for the purpose of discarding them, or do you just have a habit of discarding unwanted items? Personally, I never discarded anything before the avatar came out, preferring to donate things I couldn't sell for more than a np or two (hey, maybe someone else will want it!). I still donate low-value toys, books, and things that have a use but now I discard useless items such as buckets of sludge. At most I'm discarding one or two items on the average day, though, and I'll never get the avatar at that rate (the consensus is around 5000 items discarded, right?).

So, to those of you who have it or have a plan to get it, do you have any tips for me?

What I did when I went for the avatar was mass hoard junk in my SDB. My collection was mostly piles of dung that I picked up from the Second Hand Shop. I also hoarded the junk I got from doing my dailies and if I happened to go to any user shops I'd buy what I was there for plus all their junk. sometimes I'd go to the trading post as well. I hoarded about 5,000 items before starting to discard. I think I only took out about 100 items at a time to discard, so I never had to deal with lag. Also when discarding, do the discard all at once. That's what I did and after discarding 3-4k items I had the avatar. :)

Everyone says that you should do it all at once but I've just been doing it whenever I accumulate mass quantities of junk. I've only been trying for a short time so I haven't gotten it yet, but hoppppefully it'll happen in the near future. If you have a lot of extra omelettes laying around there are people that'll give you 10 junk items at the trading post for an om or two. So you're trading one item for ten- I find this makes it go by faster.

Goodness me, it looks like a massive project. I was hoping that my daily discard would get it for me... im a wishful thinker.. I think i am going to start to save junk.

Dont forget to get your 10 junk items from the money tree! :)