Hi~! Just dropping in to say hello!

Nice to meet you all!

I've been playing Neopets for almost 8 years. I often spend my time trying to beat my best scores on the High-Scores tables, training for the battledome, and customizing my pets.

Outside of Neopets, I like real-time-strategy games, clothing design, art, and music. I do multiple kinds of arts and crafts, from making my own comics to sewing plushies and dresses, and occasionally compose my own music. (I also play the violin.)

I do a lot of HTML coding these days -- I first learned how to to HTML and CSS through Neopets, and continued my coding education through a few books and a -lot- of tutorials. I often use my own artwork in my pages -- I'm currently in the process of switching my userpage, shop/gallery, pet pages, and all of my pet's homepages to my own original coding.

I've got a job that drives me a bit insane, so don't be alarmed if I go missing for a little while -- they probably switched my schedule around again. *laughs*

(Oh, and in case my avatar wasn't obvious -- my favorite Neopets character is MAGAX. You have been warned. :D )

Dang I never realized how many neopians are so much like myself! (When I say that I mean the same outside of neopets interests)

It's fun, but at times weird playing a virtual game for so many years (for myself almost 14 or 15 years!)

Never knowing what anyone looks like.. It's crazy, because you really learn ones character of them in real life.

Some good some bad.

I think it's also because there's a certain shyness that's removed from the situation when you're not face to face -- people feel they can be a little less reserved about what they like and don't like. Not only that, but no one can judge you by the way you look!

Having less reservations about what they say can have it's downsides, though. *laughs*

Also, I just noticed in your interests you listed Halloween -- its a favorite of mine, too! (I collect Halloween stuff, online and offline.)

Welcome! I have also been playing for years but have had a hiatus or two from time to time, some spanning for a while. Violin is pretty sweet, I've always wished I could play. When I was a kid I begged my parents for lessons but it never worked out. Does your job just drive you insane due to the inconsistency of the schedule or are there multiple contributing factors?

I also find myself feeling weird that I've played a virtual game for so long. I never really noticed before I guess.