The Daily Pretty Petz

Matt

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From simple joke to serious contemplation...

It'd be too hard to code, too much strain on our resources and frankly, who would give up their Neopets to come play on something we made? :P

I don't know, I already have a hard time balancing the forums and Neopets. I either spend a lot of time on one, and ignore the other, or I accomplish nothing on either one.

According to Post #8 written by Mikey, I think yes, it is.

P.S. I just drew my "pet" with pencils, I'll make it better with highlighted borders and colour filled in tomorrow. :) I'm pretty satisfied with it.

I knew it was stated already, but since it was an April Fool's joke, that could have easily been a lie.

I thought it was very funny! Next year you should "shut the site down forever* or close down

Honestly! I hate April Fools' jokes. :thumbsdown: DON'T DO IT NEXT YEAR!!!

It was just a small and innocent joke. Don't yell at the staffers for it. If you disapprove of it, just stay away from TDN on April Fools Day. I thought this joke was fairly funny, so I'd like to see another joke next year. Also, you can't really command TDN to do or not do something...

In fact, the idea was come up with 2 days before. So, uh, we did pretty good on this.

Yeah, I agree. Some people don't really like April Fools Day I guess....

Can't wait to see what next year's joke may be.

The suggested "Shutting down the site forever" thing. Done to death, but might still whack out the unexpectant. :P (Plus Ian would hate us for even pretending to do that...)

As deciding on it 2 days before, that's correct. Although, since I was left out of the majority of the meeting (Someone forgot me...) I was only told about The Daily Pretty Petz idea through a sentance given to me off-hand by Samuel. Then, at 10am April 1st, I get told to do it! So that was rather hectic...

WOW! Thats sound hectic. Yeah I know it was done to death but i mean it would be funny!

Yeah, I didn't mean to leave Matt in the lurch :P There was no-one else who'd be on early, and I had to leave for the next few days. He pulled it off really well, I'm sure you'll agree :)

I agree Ellie! Like Ex:

We as staff have found Ian useless on TDN and have banned him and his IP from the forums and changed all the passwords so he cannot edit the site!
We would have been confused mabey or know it was a trick!

Well, mods cannot see nor ban ip address. But maybe they could've said something like:

"Ian granted Admin powers to his new best friend Sam. 48 hours later, Ian was being too rude to Sam so Sam decided to ban Ian for a whole month."

LOL, yea I know we probably wouldn't have believed it, BUT maybe if the prank could've been set from a week or 2 weeks before April Fools XD.

Well, mods cannot see nor ban ip address. But maybe they could've said something like:

"Ian granted Admin powers to his new best friend Sam. 48 hours later, Ian was being too rude to Sam so Sam decided to ban Ian for a whole month."

LOL, yea I know we probably wouldn't have believed it, BUT maybe if the prank could've been set from a week or 2 weeks before April Fools XD.

In fact, we can see your IP address. We can see everyone but an administrator's IP =] Moderators, though, can't ban - that's reserved to admins. But we can, and do, check IPs - to stop multiple accounts, for instance, or to see if someone has been hacked. =]

Oh, and good idea xD We could consider that for next year indeed. :P

Guest EBIL Cybunny Easter!
In fact, we can see your IP address. We can see everyone but an administrator's IP =] Moderators, though, can't ban - that's reserved to admins. But we can, and do, check IPs - to stop multiple accounts, for instance, or to see if someone has been hacked. =]

Oh, and good idea xD We could consider that for next year indeed. :P

Yeah, I remember that, it's a little app in the moderator's control panel, if it hasn't been changed yet :P

But what if, for example, you have a home network sharing the same IP? I, for example, have 3 computers on a wireless network (1 is connected via Ethernet). Now, I know I'm the only one to come here of my family, but for people in the same case and have a sister/brother/cousin etc. wanting to sign up, the same IP will show to both members, because it's shared. What does TDN do in this case?

This isn't the kind of place to discuss this sort of thing. Just so you know.

By all means, make a topic in the appropriate area, but don't talk here.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Matt) because of a violation of the forum rules.

It's been a week since April Fools. Seems a bit old now...

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Matt if you have any questions regarding this action.