side accounts

ineedalifeplease

i've been thinking of creating a side account for getting avvies such as the soup faerie one, but are there any other benefits? obviously i know you can't do certain things with them, but it would be helpful if people could share their side account experiences :)

I have side accounts and I love them. They allow me to have many extra pets so I'm not limited to picking just 4 that I love. I can have extra galleries, which is great cus I'm addicted to galleries. I can store things on them I don't want to keep on my main account. Ect ect.

If you're curious about everything you can/can't do with side accounts, check out our nifty little guide!: http://thedailyneopets.com/articles/multiple-accounts

Sides are basically extra storage, since you're so limited on what you can do on them. The biggest advantages are, as Nora mentioned, extra galleries and extra pets, which in turn means more pages for you to showcase code if you enjoy making layouts and graphics, more pets to customize and access to multiple NC event items (if you're into customization) and extra Safety Deposit boxes if you'd like to organize a hoarding habit better xD

As far as using a side for avatars, the nature of sides kind of defeats the purpose. Any avatar that requires achievement (getting a certain score on a game, participating in site events, battledome, etc) are for activities that are prohibited on side accounts. You'd pretty much be limited to the Soup Faerie avvie, clickables, and pet/item avvies, which you can obviously get on your main. There's really no advantage unless you just like seeing the number on the lookup.

As far as using a side for avatars, the nature of sides kind of defeats the purpose. Any avatar that requires achievement (getting a certain score on a game, participating in site events, battledome, etc) are for activities that are prohibited on side accounts. You'd pretty much be limited to the Soup Faerie avvie, clickables, and pet/item avvies, which you can obviously get on your main. There's really no advantage unless you just like seeing the number on the lookup.

I had assumed she meant to use the side to hold her NP until her main got the Soup Faerie avatar. :)

Personally, my side account is only used for trying to unlock my Habitarium, and working on layouts- I hate seeing partly completed layouts all the time on my userlookup, so being able to hide it away is nice! :)

To me, the most important reason to have a side (besides something to fall back on in case of freezing) is for faerie quests. No need to come here or to the Neopian boards (though we're all really helpful here!) Just go on your side, find what you need, then copypasta the link back to the browser your main is in. ;)