Restocking Advice

DiamondZ

Other than obvious things (MPs, certain weapons, high-value stamps and kad food) it's a lot of trial and error,especially because things that are profitable can change in an instant if they're released as prizes for an event. The best way to learn what is good for making a profit is to pick one or two shops to restock in exclusively. If you're always in the same shops, you get to know the prices that things can be bought for and the profits you can make by selling them. Getting to know the stock makes it easier to discern the better items to grab, so you become quicker, as you're not wasting time thinking about what to click. If you're starting out, you might want to pick a slower shop. Lots of the experienced restockers like to hang out in the stamp shop and Battle Magic because you can grab items worth a lot more, but this means there's more competition. Personally, I prefer the slower shops like Herbert's Hot Dogs, Pizzaroo and even the main food and book store in Neopia Central.

Depends at what shop you restock at. I restock at the Bakery mainly because there's not a lot of competition there. Most items that have 10+ items in stock aren't worth it, and 2.5K items usually aren't worth it either. It's a lot of trial and error, as I myself have bought tons of negative profit items while restocking. When I first began, I'd use the JN Item Database (selected shop I restocked at, arranged by price, went to last three pages) and if I was confused on what the item was worth I'd check the ID. However, this tends to slow you down and if the item is profitable, you will probably lose it.

In the end it's just trial and error, and good luck to you! :)