Account frozen for my protection - how do I submit a ticket?

gbraing

Hello!

I avidly played Neopets for a long time but haven't logged on very often in the past few years. I would usually only log on about once per month to put my pets in the NeoLodge (basically, when I got an email reminder that they had left the NeoLodge). However, my brother joked to me today that I should claim my Advent Calendar prize, and when I logged in, I found...

This account has been FROZEN for the following reason:

Due to potentially suspicious activity on this username, it has been frozen for the owner's protection. This can include falling for a scam or entering information into a fake login page. If you would like information on getting this account back, please contact us by clicking here.

I have literally no idea what could have happened. The last time I logged in was in early September, and I don't recall doing anything unusual - NeoLodge, perhaps a few games and dailies, and so on. I've always been a very responsible player and cautious of my account, so this is absolutely stunning.

I'd like my account back, though, since I've put a lot of hard work into it and do use it on occasion. Since it was frozen for my "protection", I feel like I should be able to get it back if I'm patient enough. However, when I follow either of the two links in the frozen message, it takes me to Neopet's new(ish) help application. If I try to click "Submit a Ticket", it asks me to log in - and I obviously can't do that right now! I have a side account that I still have access to, but would it look suspicious to submit a ticket about one account from another? Surely there's a better way.

One of the help topics says:

If I am unable to log into my account, how will I view and respond to my ticket?

You don't need to access your account to receive updates about your ticket or to submit a response.

When your ticket is answered or updated you will receive an email with the response that you can read and review. If you would like to respond to this ticket you only need to click "reply" to the email that you were sent.

In short, you can receive and send replies to your ticket through your email without ever visiting the Neopets website or Help Centre. If you cannot access your account, don't worry! You won't miss out on any replies to your tickets.

I have no idea what it means by this, though, since I can't figure out how to submit a ticket in the first place without being logged in.

Can you guys help?

Thank you so much!

Submit a ticket from your side account; this is expected. The more info you can supply to prove it's your account, the faster you'll get it back. In the meantime, collect the Advent prizes on your side (this is allowed, since you're not guaranteed to get your main back). Types of info you can provide: Neofriends' names, any Grundo Warehouse codes, NC use, items you were given (or gave away) and when, when you won certain trophies, pets you used to have on the account, etc.

Thank you! I'm currently away at college, but when I get home for Christmas, I'll go through my old Neopets documents and find everything that the form asks for. I used to keep a screenshots page, so I should have plenty of good evidence.

I had to create a new account when I needed to send a ticket to recover my old account. They were really fast answering and I got my account back. You need the most information you can get from your account to prove you are its owner