Altador Interview with Team Captain "Trapper" Remis

persontired

na81.jpg

This is persontired from The Daily Neopets, live inside the Altador Colosseum where the home team is busy practicing for the upcoming tournament. Earlier I was given the opportunity (after bribing the guards with some Altadorian Chocolate Coins) to talk with the team captain, "Trapper" Remis, during a break in the team's Shootout Showdown practice. Here's what he had to say:

Hi Remis, it's great to have the opportunity to speak with you!

Thanks, I appreciate your interest.

We don't have a lot of time, so I'll jump right in. How is Altador planning to improve this year?

Well, we're going to be spending more of our time on the Yooyuball field during this Cup, instead of being outside slinging slushies all day. Right now we're working on Shootout Showdown, both to improve our record in that event and improve our offence, which we think will be a key factor in our victory this year.

I see. Does that mean Altador is thinking of moving away from a defensive formation?

If we do, it won't be this year. The team has spent too long playing in the 1-3-1 formation and we haven't practiced any others. Changing it now could lead to even worse Yooyuball results, and that isn't quite what we're going for.

Speaking of Yooyuball results, does your team feel more confident about their ability after snatching a win from a clear favorite in Krawk Island last year?

That victory definitely came as a shock to a lot of people, and we were no exception. It provided proof that we didn't need to simply wave a white flag against every strong team that we played, and that playing every game with 110% effort might actually help to earn a few W's.

Are there any matchups you're looking forward to playing in the upcoming Cup?

The #1 team we're hoping to play against is the Faeries. They are our closest rivals, and the opportunity to settle the score between us didn't come up during the last tournament, *cough* bad format *cough*, and we'd like to prove that just because we were tied doesn't mean we aren't the better team.

I know you need to get back to practicing, but is there anything else you'd like to share with us?

Don't count Altador out just yet. Our track record doesn't tell you anything about what we might have in store...

And that was all for today. The team clearly looked enthusiastic and optimistic, but we'll have to wait another week before we'll be able to see exactly what's in store for us by the Suns.

Reporting from the Yooyuball field in the Altador Colosseum, persontired is signing off.

Obligatory disclaimer: This news report is largely fictional, composed from various fan comments and the whims of our imagination in an attempt to inspire a sense of realism through our reporting. While we do our best to keep things reasonably neutral, this report is in no way intended to be a completely bias-free representation of the parties involved, nor does it claim to provide critical analysis of past and potential outcomes from qualified Altador Cup experts. If professional analysis is what tickles your fancy, take a look at our predictions (global/daily).