What is the best way to go about doing this?

peabrain

Hey all! I have an almost-13-year-old-account that has a pretty bleh name and for that reason I prefer to use my newer account.. buuuut I really want to start getting into the Food Club and seeing as it's against the rules to bet on side accounts I've decided I'm going to transfer everything to my old account and make it my main.

The only thing is I am petrified of getting frozen. I've heard so many horror stories about accounts being frozen for almost no reason and I'm wary about whether transferring hundreds of items, points and my pets is going to seem like 'suspicious behaviour'. Am I just being silly and will TNT know what I'm doing? Would it be worth sending them a message saying "hey, I'm going to be moving everything from x to y just so ya know."

Does anyone have any words of wisdom? I'd really appreciate it :)

It's completely allowed to move things from one account to another. I wouldn't worry about it, as long as you stick to the rules for transferring main accounts (stop earning NP on your old main 24 hours before starting to earn on your new one).

If you're really worried about it, you can put a little note on each of the accounts' lookups, just saying your transferring your main from -this account- to -that account-.

Oh, great idea! I will do that :) I knew it was allowed but it dawned on me that it's probably exactly what a hacking looks like and I might get frozen for my own protection.. While I'd be able to unfreeze myself because I'd be able to tell TNT about my account, it would be annoying if I couldn't access the site for a while.

Pshhhhhhh so here comes re-levelling my Habitarium and redoing the Altador plot *cries*

Thanks for you help!

TNT has actually stated that notes on userlookups are not taken into consideration when they investigate account use (1, 2), but a note might be helpful if you have neofriends who may become confused by the switch or if your username is well known enough on community boards that people might check up on you (not all Neopians are as kind as TDNers so it's good to avoid giving malicious people a reason to report you).

The thing I would say is most important as far as having side accounts is making sure you're only using one email. TNT has stated on multiple occasions that it is important that all of your accounts be on one email (because you can only create five accounts per email which allows for the one main + four sides they have said are okay). TNT has stated that it's fine to trade items and pets between your own accounts, and they can see that both accounts involved belongs to you and you aren't doing anything shady.

I would also say make certain that you clear your trades and shop as well as your bank account. And I personally find it helpful to change the site theme on my side accounts so I won't accidentally play a game or do a daily when I've forgotten to log out. All of my sides are purple ;)

All in all I'm certain you'll be fine.