Purge questions

tinyplasticdinos

I remember at some point last fall there was a major purge happening, but I've read things that suggest that TNT is purging inactive accounts all the time? Does anyone know if this is true, or if they just sit dormant until the next big purge? Also I'm curious to know how long they have to be inactive to be purged, and what happens to their pets. I've googled and poked around but all I found was speculation. If anyone has exact answers that would be nice :)

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine).

The original topic had been answered.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Rune Valentine if you have any questions regarding this action.

As far as we know, they do not purge accounts on a regular basis (all the time) The last purged account was in Nov 2012. There are Neopians who track this and they are fairly accurate.

I believe it was discovered that the absolute earliest an account has to be inactive is 18 months.

When their account is purged, their pets are also purged, which causes people to re-create the name seconds after it happens lol

More FAQs: www.neopets.com/~John