The Medieval Life

Novelista

Oh my.

I watched the episode of House where he treats the knight from the Renaissance festival (my second or third time with that ep) and my local festival is auditioning next month (but I live too far away to do it)...

ARGH! I'm dying from an unfulfilled nerdgasm over here!

I tried finding a medieval/Rennaisance RPG and the only one I could find was confusing. (I know WoW is of the "castles and kings" persuasion, but that was even more confusing.) Anyone know of any good games (or written RPGs) that I might be able to let out my frustrations on?

There is Torchlight! :) A friend got me hooked on it! It's amazing!

Another one I like is Fate. There is a few versions of the game and I've only played the first one, but never finished it due to my laptop not cooperating with me and crashing.

Both of these you'll have to pay for. If you're a Windows user, you can get a free trial of Fate via Wild Tangent Games as well as purchase the full version there too.

I'm not sure if Torchlight offers a free trial though.

I'm not a big gamer, so these are the only two I know about. :)

Very familiar with AoE one and two, incidentally. Not quite what I was thinking of, but good suggestion! (I used to have the cheat codes memorized...hee hee!)

I will definitely have to look into Torchlight and Fate, Mousey, thank you for the suggestions.