TCG Album & Neodeck

D305

So, I'm a little confused as to what these are.

I wanted to start collecting something else (I collect stuff for the stamp album, avatars, and slowly doing trophies), so I thought the cards would nice.

But when I found cards in my SDB after going for the pack rat, I noticed none of them would go into the TCG album area, but instead they had the option to go into the neodeck.

I thought maybe the TCG album thing was connected to the real cards instead? So I assumed neodeck was the only way to start a collection. Which I like because it shows up on your look-up (the amount of cards you have).

Just found out that certain cards (having TCG in their name) actually go into the TCG album area..

So what's the difference between these two things?

Can you take out cards from the TCG album like you can Neodeck or is it like the stamp album?

What's the point of collecting the TCG album items? Do they show up on the look-up or not?

Do people actually collect these cards? Either in neodeck or tcg album?

Anyone have anything to say about any of this to help me understand?

The TCG used to be part of a RL merch tie-in (like pokemon cards) and users could buy the cards to play in RL and get codes to redeem on the site for virtual cards and prizes.

http://www.neopets.com/tcg/ Though the pages are still up, the game hasn't been functional in some time.

So far as I know, your TCG card count doesn't show up anywhere publicly, like your neodeck does on your lookup. but you can give people a link (http://www.neopets.com/tcg/album.phtml?owner=username) so others can view your deck.

You CAN remove cards once you've put them in by finding it in your album (each album section has multiple pages), clicking it, then clicking "remove from deck " in the popup.

While people still collect them for their deck as something to work towards or for galleries, the only real use they have now is as collector's items.

So do people tend to collect on their neodeck more than on the tcg album? or is it basically a preference? Is it based on the prices as I got a random that gave me a TCG and it's worth quite a bit.

And I'm assuming that both don't have the same cards/items? As the album holds TCG items and the rest are just the normal cards that don't have TCG in the name?

So do people tend to collect on their neodeck more than on the tcg album? or is it basically a preference? Is it based on the prices as I got a random that gave me a TCG and it's worth quite a bit.

And I'm assuming that both don't have the same cards/items? As the album holds TCG items and the rest are just the normal cards that don't have TCG in the name?

People tend to collect cards for their neodeck because you can get a trophy if you get all of the cards. To my knowledge, there isn't a similar thing for TCG cards. I think that in general, TCGs are more costly just because there are less of them around- I don't believe you can restock them anywhere, so there is a limited amount in circulation- only through REs can you get new ones.

And yes, the two albums have different items in them- you can't choose to put a TCG in your neodeck, or vicevera.